So-Simple RTG Hookers and Boosters

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I just thought I’d put a quick review of a couple of the baits in the So-Simple range ...which I’ve been using over the last couple of seasons...Firstly the Janners, which are a ready prepared-juiced expander, come in a variety of flavours in the range, in 4mm or 6mm,heavily juiced ,absolutely perfect on the pole, and method (I’ve not used on a waggler, so can’t comment on cast ability), last absolutely months in their pots ). Secondly the boost juices , very potent, can be used to pre-soak and glug baits,used to flavour and colour micros,etc, or mixed with Groundbait to give it some ooomph!!....I’ve used these baits almost exclusively, and had some good match wins , and good results from poor pegs with them....they do a lot of other baits in the range, which I’ve been using and blending, and I’ll review a couple each time,these are just two....If you don’t believe in bait additives, and edges, then they’re not for you, but if you’re looking for an edge, confidence bait , then give them a try 👍👍 A45BCCDE-C29B-4FBF-BE5C-5EB754E14223.jpeg 97AF477F-B8EB-422F-83CE-D1BCD088EEE3.jpeg

Attachments

• 13560E1C-9EE2-48A6-B7DF-7FB850EC4225.jpeg
    13560E1C-9EE2-48A6-B7DF-7FB850EC4225.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 24
  • EF7D5264-3C91-41A5-8480-3A257A6AA504.jpeg
    EF7D5264-3C91-41A5-8480-3A257A6AA504.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 27

SeanB

Site Supporter
I might have to give some of them a try, have you found any particular flavour to stand out more than the rest?

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I might have to give some of them a try, have you found any particular flavour to stand out more than the rest?
Sweet FA for winter/F1,skimmers...kriller for carp, ......bannion F1,carp/bream summer.......bog for carp ....chocolate orange, I haven’t used enough to comment as it’s a new product, but I reckon it will be brilliant!! If you check the website, you’ll see the pellet and groundbait range to compliment.....good selection of wafters as well 👍👍

JayBee

Site Supporter
I just thought I’d put a quick review of a couple of the baits in the So-Simple range ...which I’ve been using over the last couple of seasons...Firstly the Janners, which are a ready prepared-juiced expander, come in a variety of flavours in the range, in 4mm or 6mm,heavily juiced ,absolutely perfect on the pole, and method (I’ve not used on a waggler, so can’t comment on cast ability), last absolutely months in their pots ). Secondly the boost juices , very potent, can be used to pre-soak and glug baits,used to flavour and colour micros,etc, or mixed with Groundbait to give it some ooomph!!....I’ve used these baits almost exclusively, and had some good match wins , and good results from poor pegs with them....they do a lot of other baits in the range, which I’ve been using and blending, and I’ll review a couple each time,these are just two....If you don’t believe in bait additives, and edges, then they’re not for you, but if you’re looking for an edge, confidence bait , then give them a try 👍👍 A45BCCDE-C29B-4FBF-BE5C-5EB754E14223.jpeg 97AF477F-B8EB-422F-83CE-D1BCD088EEE3.jpeg
Are you sure about these baits?, as @Moto466 did not mention these in his comprehensive review.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Yep. After you recommended them last year I tracked down a tackle shop in knottingley that could supply me with some. Sadly I can’t get to the tackle shop yet. Bit too far to travel at the mo 😩

Thanks for recommending them though Gazza. Can’t wait to try em. 👍

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Yep. After you recommended them last year I tracked down a tackle shop in knottingley that could supply me with some. Sadly I can’t get to the tackle shop yet. Bit too far to travel at the mo 😩

Thanks for recommending them though Gazza. Can’t wait to try em. 👍
You can get them direct mail order mate 👍👍

JayBee

Site Supporter
Maybe via this link...........

matt

Site Supporter
Thanks for the review Chefster, have just had a look at the So Simple website and will more than likely be putting an order in over the next few weeks to stock up for when we’re all allowed out again!

I remember using the So Simple Green ground bait at Stafford Moor when Andy used to own it and it was brilliant either fed as groundbait for skimmers or mixed up as paste for the pole or the Conker.......always made a habit of buying a few extra bags on the last day of the Festival to take home with me :)

Last edited:

baggy

Mark Saunders
I have been using Andy’s stuff for a while, especially the boosters with the baninion and red go nuts on expanders. It flavours and colours well, I had excellent silverfish catches on both. I also use the flavours on the micros instead of buying the rtg micros for the simple reason is I have about 35kg of micros in boxes.

I have used his silverfish groundbaits to great effect especially baninon crush.

I know a lot of people down here swear by his hard pellets for carp and when I did fish for carp i had a lot of good catches on the red go nuts.

Andy is a top guy and always puts his heart of soul into his projects whether it was Whiteacres, Stafford Moor or So Simple.

baggy

Mark Saunders
Those hooker pellets aren’t like the hookers you buy from major brands, they’re actually like rubbery expanders you do yourself, except the flavour in them is intense 👍👍
I’ve only used Janners once on a match at Stafford Moor, I drew peg 9 on tanners but the carp weren’t there on the day. After 3 hours I changed my short line into a micro/janner line. I walked the silvers pool with 32lb of skimmers, tench, crucians and carrasio. It was amazing, which is why I now flavour my expanders with the red go nuts