So bored, knocked this up

rudd

Site Supporter
After 11 weeks of puppy training, busy work and a bad back, after doing a load of gardening I knocked this up at the weekend (fancied watching paint dry) so When back garden plinking, any shots are safe.
Just makes mini range look a bit neater 😉
Anglo arms pellet catcher on to a concrete slab via a brass screw.
Pellet catcher slots on and off as it is also free standing so take it to zero first shots (@15 meters) of co2 bulb before rat hunting.
Concrete slab is one of them textured jobs.
1A4EC0BA-0813-4239-A81B-AD6198273251.JPG

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
(y)(y)(y) Good job.

With my aim and eyesight I'd need a 10' x 10' slab

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
The problem with having something solid as a backstop is one of ricochet. A lump of wood might be better.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Def a bad idea having a hard background, a lad at my school many years ago, found out to his cost, when he lost an eye when the pellet came right back at him, use to see himfor years afterwards wearing an eyepatch.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
Def a bad idea having a hard background, a lad at my school many years ago, found out to his cost, when he lost an eye when the pellet came right back at him, use to see himfor years afterwards wearing an eyepatch.
It wasn't Long John Silver was it?.......;)

rudd

Site Supporter
The problem with having something solid as a backstop is one of ricochet. A lump of wood might be better.
Being soft Lead pellets just mushroom against concrete or at worse will bounce off a few inches as the concrete absorbs most of the energy.
They can very easily ricochet off wood as wood is fibrous.and has a certain amount of give/flex.

Using three types of pellet, two came free with gun and I have tried several others that mates use such as air arms diablo and crossman premier.
Rifle premium series wadcutters - flat head 16.82grain - being heavy and flat have a slow velocity and mushroom easily as designed for target /range shooting.
Proshot precision 14.3 domed - light and very fast but also cheap and very very soft - splatt on the backstop.

My preferred pellet, most accurate and consistent is the JSB Hades when shooting vermin, the pellet is designed to mushroom quicker than a standard dome causing a bigger amount of damage/trauma and a bigger shockwave as the pellets energy is transferred to give a more humane kill.

MrBen

Site Supporter
Another vote for hades, pigeons, squirrels and rats all love them. They’re excellent in 177 or 22

Total

Site Supporter
Same here, though I did use them in .22 for Mink that were robbing our lakes. Won't post pics for obvious reasons.
You can surely post photos of the hat you made with the furs? (Davey Crockett style...:love::devilish:) :ROFLMAO:

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
You can surely post photos of the hat you made with the furs? (Davey Crockett style...:love::devilish:) :ROFLMAO:
I should have made them into gloves, then told wifey that the holes are for ventilation. :LOL:

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Am I the only one, based on the title, that was expecting a photo of his better half?