So annoying!

Alantherose

Site Supporter
Spent a bit of time making up some hookengths before tea. Still howl in annoyance when I carefully tie a beautiful hooklength and then snip the wrong jolly bit of line and end up with a lovely loop in one hand and a tied hook in another 😫 :ROFLMAO:

Weather must be bad to be posting this tat!

rudd

Site Supporter
Spent a bit of time making up some hookengths before tea. Still howl in annoyance when I carefully tie a beautiful hooklength and then snip the wrong jolly bit of line and end up with a lovely loop in one hand and a tied hook in another 😫 :ROFLMAO:

Weather must be bad to be posting this tat!
Specsavers 2 for 1 on at moment

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My eyesight is fading. I'm often tying knots 'blind' these days. If I can't tie one of those Preston Quick Change beads tomorrow morning I'll use one of the funny looking Guru ones. My dad is right, I need an eye test. To make matters worse he will stand behind me as I'm tying hair rigs, glasses on, and tell me I'm 'miles off'.

rudd

Site Supporter
My eyesight is fading. I'm often tying knots 'blind' these days. If I can't tie one of those Preston Quick Change beads tomorrow morning I'll use one of the funny looking Guru ones. My dad is right, I need an eye test. To make matters worse he will stand behind me as I'm tying hair rigs, glasses on, and tell me I'm 'miles off'.
I now have to take reading glasses in any fishing session I do regardless of discipline.
It's very annoying tbh but thats how it is.
Apparently its normal for one eye to fade compared to the other once you pass 40

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I am ok in good natural light and with a pair of scissors with me. Forget the scissors and that's me done.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Haha, I've done similar but with rigs when shortening them on the bank - retied a double loop at the top of the rig to shorten it and then cut the line at the float side instead of the waste - doh !

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm not allowed sharp implements without supervision....:oops::rolleyes:....Nail clippers for me......
That reminds me when I went fishing with my dad at Knowle Sands, treacherous banks due to rain, I put a pair of scissors in my coat pocket, slipped on the bank and almost stabbed myself. Be very careful... :unsure:

Total

Site Supporter
That reminds me when I went fishing with my dad at Knowle Sands, treacherous banks due to rain, I put a pair of scissors in my coat pocket, slipped on the bank and almost stabbed myself. Be very careful... :unsure:
Were the banks alright after you fell?:unsure::whistle:

Total

Site Supporter
Went back later in the week and lost a Barbel due to slipping over, not been back to Knowle 'Sands' since, not least due to 'cardiac hill'.
My mate has a dozen private pegs upstream from Bridgnorth bridge.....All comfortable flat (ish) pegs at normal water level....3 of the pegs have concrete steps to them....Any sort of moisture on 'em, stay away from them, bloody lethal, straight down to 12 foot of water......:oops:

Reuben

Site Supporter
I now have to take reading glasses in any fishing session I do regardless of discipline.
It's very annoying tbh but thats how it is.
Apparently its normal for one eye to fade compared to the other once you pass 40
If I forgot mine I’d have to come home! Considering everywhere I fish is a 2hr round trip I probably check I’ve got them at least 10 times……

Cobweb

Once thought that Grayling was Tarzan's real name
Site Supporter
I no longer tie my own hooks or hooklengths -just buy them made up. Saves so much time and allows me to keep my cool for longer. Still i regularly manage to cut the wrong piece of line when trimming hooklength ties to mainline- just to keep in practice. I've have some reading glasses for close work in tackling up which help, but quickly swapping them with my regular specs is sometimes courting disaster

PearTree

Calder Exile
Site Supporter
I no longer tie my own hooks or hooklengths -just buy them made up. Saves so much time and allows me to keep my cool for longer. Still i regularly manage to cut the wrong piece of line when trimming hooklength ties to mainline- just to keep in practice. I've have some reading glasses for close work in tackling up which help, but quickly swapping them with my regular specs is sometimes courting disaster
I've been using varifocals for quite a few years now. They took a bit of getting used to but once I had I've never looked back........ :rolleyes:

Stewie74

Site Supporter
My eyes are ok for close up stuff, but glasses required to see a float bristle at much more than top2 range.

Cobweb

Once thought that Grayling was Tarzan's real name
Site Supporter
I've been using varifocals for quite a few years now. They took a bit of getting used to but once I had I've never looked back........ :rolleyes:
I wish I could use those- sadly not possible for me