Smelly fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Anyone know any good tricks for getting rid of the fishmeal smell after a days fishing?

After a day using pellet and paste I find the smell get engrained in my fingers and no amount of washing or scrubbing seems to shift it completely. It clears in a day or so, but it'd be nice if I could shift it a little more quickly.

Cheers

mattyts

ad some grit or sand to a bottle of cheap washingup liquid to rub all the rubbish off,i use this stuff called gojo in the wall dispensers,it has grit in and makes your hands really soft,i use it all the time

Auto

Terry
Site Supporter
Just make the most of it.
When you go to the pub your mates , who don't know you go fishing, will be jealous because they'll think you must be popular with the ladies.

The Saint

Paul
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Auto

When you go to the pub your mates , who don't know you go fishing, will be jealous because they'll think you must be popular with the ladies.

I'm glad i don't associate with the sort of women you know mate.[xx(][;)]

groundhog

Life Survivor
[:)] Good squirt of washing up liquid, with a heaped teaspoon of sugar added should dothe trick spanky mate, old mechanics scrub when no swarfega available.[:T]

Cooky

Originally posted by groundhog

[:)] Good squirt of washing up liquid, with a heaped teaspoon of sugar added should dothe trick spanky mate, old mechanics scrub when no swarfega available.[:T]

yep works a treat on oil so should have no bother on fishy smells

Auto

Terry
Site Supporter
Originally posted by The Saint

Originally posted by Auto

I'm glad i don't associate with the sort of women you know mate.[xx(][;)]

Auto

Terry
Site Supporter
You don't know what you're missing Saint heehee

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Not tried it but I have hweard that tomato puree removes smells.

0lly

Monster Crab is usually a good way to remove other smells....oh wait...

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Thanks guys... some good ideas to try there. (Plus an interesting social indictment by auto).

I might give the monster crab a miss though Olly!

GaryC

Small blob of vaseline rubbed into your hands before you start. Acts just like barrier cream.[:D]

shinkicker

u guys seem to know a lot about vaseline and products that make you smell nice is this still maggotdrowners ???

Arrow Otter

My mate works at the fish market in Birmingham, he never stinks and his secret to get the stink of his hands.............he washes them in colgate toothpaste [:T][:T][:T]

Status
Not open for further replies.