Smelliest bit of kit….

Stewie74

Site Supporter
The stench from my stink bag frequently makes me gip when I open it, apart from that most of my tackle gets a clean every week so nothing too stinky

Simon R

Site Supporter
Bream slime does have a rather pungent odour when there's four or five keepnets liberally coated in the stuff in the back of a Transit.
Especially after a night on the Guinness and a greasy full English - I think the word 'ripe' sums it up quite well (y)

Other than that I tend to get various penicillin like cultures dotted across the bottom of my carryall - one of these days they'll evolve into something else and I'll find the shed door half-way across the garden and slime all over the lawn 😳😳

Simon

smiffy

Site Supporter
Like many I’ve had the rotting worms in my carryall to make me gag and a car can smell pretty ripe after two weeks of catching Dutch Bream🤢 Even with leaving the nets outside every night.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
One of my very first posts was an account of how I was took short at Attenborough. A trip to the bushes resulted in the night befores vindaloo being deposited in my boiler suit. Resulting in walking to my car and driving home almost naked, just a fishing coat and waders. The putrid mess of clothing was in a carrier bag in the back of the hatchback. Smelliest drive I've ever had🤢🤮🤢

The Landlord

Site Supporter
One of my very first posts was an account of how I was took short at Attenborough. A trip to the bushes resulted in the night befores vindaloo being deposited in my boiler suit. Resulting in walking to my car and driving home almost naked, just a fishing coat and waders. The putrid mess of clothing was in a carrier bag in the back of the hatchback. Smelliest drive I've ever had🤢🤮🤢
Good job you write the Drowners' Tales otherwise that would definitely be included.

CarpCatcher86

You lot are a bunch of dirty b*****ds. How some of you keep her indoors happy when you can't empty/clean out a bait box is beyond me :unsure:

squimp

Site Supporter
I went sea fishing on Tuesday....

This morning I put my waterproof on to walk my dogs and realised that it smelt severely of squid - our bait of choice.

This afternoons job was remembering how to clean and re proof goretex !

MartinWY

Site Supporter
Not me personally, but a mate of mine used to bring along a pair of his wifes knickers on night fishing trips. That experience is hard to describe.

JLK

Bicarbonate of soda and white vinegar.. Great for getting rid of rotting worm smells or any manky forgotten about death smell from your gear.