Smart TV

carphauler

It should have a
@Sam Vimes , could you possibly try and solve a couple of questions for me regarding Samsung TVs.
1st problem - mine
When I had my new Samsung TV, I connected my Virgin TIVO box to the HDMI socket. TV works fine.
Decided to use the Universal Remote setting. Went through the setup procedure, got it all setup, remote control changed channels, volume etc and got the "Virgin TV" Logo. After a few days the remote stopped working the TV except for the volume.
A few months have passed since this happened and today I thought I'd have a go at setting up the Universal Remote again.
Went through the setup procedure again, this time it fails to recognise the Virgin Box when going through the Channel Button Test, so I select "Yes" anyway, and now I get a "BT TV" Logo. TV still works fine so no real problem.

I could always try a factory reset but loathe to do this as will have to set everthing up again.

2nd problem is for my Father in Law who has just purchased a new Samsung TV.
He's hard of hearing and with his old TV he used Sennheiser RS120II Wireless Headphones. These have a 3.5mm jack pin which connected to the TV.
The new TV only has USB ports.
Do you know if I purchased a USB to 3.5mm Jack adaptor and plugged the earphones to the new TV with this adaptor they would work.
Failing that looks like a new pair of Bluetooth ones.
It's should have an optical out so this would work, 👍👍

Amazon product

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Yes the TV transmits Bluetooth, thats my next go to option if the adaptor route fails.

Cheers (y)
ok, you can get a blue tooth receiver, I use a Trond BT-Duo X
This device can Receive blue tooth signal and then transmit via 3.5mm jack or optical cable as seen below.
The box is receiving blue tooth from the iPhone and sending signal through wired in 3.5mm headphones.

I also transmit with it from samsung tv via optical cable input and bluetooth transmit OR play cd on a techniks system by plugging 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable into headphone socket on techniks and port on trond which js set to transmit via bluetooth.
It also runs off its own internal rechargeable battery.
You set it to either Tx ( transmit) or Rx ((Receive) and then Aux (3.5mm) or spdif (optical).
You get all cables needed.
1625583777363-1173260619.jpg
1625583323100-1534787466.jpg

1625583827232708078876.jpg

Attachments

• 16255840566891498472936.jpg
    16255840566891498472936.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 2

piscatorial

ok, you can get a blue tooth receiver, I use a Trond BT-Duo X
This device can Receive blue tooth signal and then transmit via 3.5mm jack or optical cable as seen below.
The box is receiving blue tooth from the iPhone and sending signal through wired in 3.5mm headphones.

I also transmit with it from samsung tv via optical cable input and bluetooth transmit OR play cd on a techniks system by plugging 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable into headphone socket on techniks and port on trond which js set to transmit via bluetooth.
It also runs off its own internal rechargeable battery.
You set it to either Tx ( transmit) or Rx ((Receive) and then Aux (3.5mm) or spdif (optical).
You get all cables needed.
Wow, what a coincidence.
I was searching through all my computer stuff this afternoon and found this

Tao.jpg

Its my old TaoTronics 2in1 Bluetooth adaptor.
Like your it transmits or receives and has a 3.5mm jack socket.
I tried it out earlier and it works a treat with my portable speaker and the TV.
Came back here to report on this option and you beat me to it.

I need now to visit my Father in Law and try it out with his headphones.

Thanks for the your time.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
If they are anything like my Bluetooth headphones, when I play music on youtube, the sound and vision are not in synch....

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I feel your pain mate, been there done it and got several T shirts. I normally consult my 10 year old nephew on this sort of thing and I've never seen him fail.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
I absolutely fff hate it, tried for around an hour to get the tv to work ,
Yes it does work but its coming up on TV+ ,i tried and tried to get to just TV
i going to throw the sodding remote thru middle of it.

N ow you know why i dont watch TV ,.when i do want to watch it wont ff work.
Itried to watch it on PC BBC IPlayer it then said you must register so you can sign in,

did that now its telling me i need a licence why so no Football, watched in this house today
Ireally want swear but i dont think Red Leader would likeit I'm really fuming
so i.ll go and kick the dog but then i csant win cos dog would bite me
Stikflote mate, welcome to my world! ;-)