"SMART BOX" Seat Box

Bakers Man

Does anyone have any info on this make of seat box. On first examination it looks like a variant/hybrid Boss Box from the early 90's but without integral legs. Mine has six drawers locked by a pin that slides down from under the seat, two brackets on one side for a Boss type bait tray, rear brackets for an umbrella or wheel set handle and typical Boss type heavy duty canvas handles and metal clips on the sides.
Apart from a silver "SMART BOX" sticker on the front, rear and both sides it has no other markings or labels.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I don't know anything about them or the company but I had this 4 drawer one for 20 odd years as pictured. I think they were a competitor to Match Box? Mine is on its last legs (you can see the seat has started to lift) but served me well and was a decent box I'd probably buy again due to being so lightweight (and fairly sturdy/well built).

2020-08-08 20.49.04.jpg

Bakers Man

Looks very similar except the clips on mine are on the side. Does it have brackets on the back to take a wheel set handle and brackets on either or both sides to take a bait tray ? Have tried to insert a photo but it keeps saying the file's too large.
Mine will be on eBay next week.

Bakers Man

Yes they look "built to last". I got mine off ebay three years ago and it's been OK except the pole seat is a bit hard on the you know where after several hours.