Small town football club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogstick_NUFC

Sunderlands meteoric climb to the heady heights of sixth has hit the wall,
Not enough fans to finance the spending!!
See you`ll never be a big club like your north east neighbours[:D][:D][:D] And now its official[;)]

http://www.journallive.co.uk/safc/safc-news/2010/12/22/safc-chairman-is-calling-on-black-cats-fans-61634-27866748/

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
Thet grow a lot of Aspapragus around here dont they [?][?][..........

Last edited:

Dogstick_NUFC

Originally posted by gr4eme

Thet grow a lot of Aspapragus around here dont they [?][?][..........
No none at all,most is grown down in muller country, off topic though.

brasem

Wear Champ 2011
Carefull, don't go off topic[;)]

I have no answer to the poor attendance against Bolton, you could blame weather, Television etc.

But I honestly think its all down to the financial climate, a few years ago Newcastle had waiting lists for seats now they have 7000 seats free for most matches.

And if you listen to his interview he says he might not be able to go to Mr Short and ask for the money, the be all and end all of it is if they get into europe you can guarantee there will be money to spend!

Its more of a rallying call I think!

brasem

Wear Champ 2011
Originally posted by Dogstick_NUFC

Have they stopped giving the freebies away to schools ,clubs etc ?

I think they slowed them down this year, West Ham game was I think.

The majority of the problem would seem to be money, plain and simple, although I don't suppose that being at home at dinner time on the saturday before xmas helps!! They used to play the game before xmas on a sunday!

I would hazard a guess that Newcastle have a larger percentage of their average gate in season tickets which is why the attendances have by and large stayed up there. Also I think you probably still have some season ticket holders that were 'conned' into buying them on the 3 year scheme (another brilliant ploy by Ashley!)

Dogstick_NUFC

Originally posted by brasem

Have they stopped giving the freebies away to schools ,clubs etc ?

I think they slowed them down this year, West Ham game was I think.

The majority of the problem would seem to be money, plain and simple, although I don't suppose that being at home at dinner time on the saturday before xmas helps!! They used to play the game before xmas on a sunday!

I would hazard a guess that Newcastle have a larger percentage of their average gate in season tickets which is why the attendances have by and large stayed up there. Also I think you probably still have some season ticket holders that were 'conned' into buying them on the 3 year scheme (another brilliant ploy by Ashley!)
An excellent strategy by ashley,who knows how many were suckered with that punch!we`ll find out next season no doubt! seems daft chucking the freebie scheme after so long.it was surely due to start paying dividends.
Money rules i suppose.

brasem

Wear Champ 2011
It was strange to stop it, I have no idea how they would monitor how many fans it actually got through the doors when they came of age. I do think, however, that parents press-ganged kids into going so they could get a cheap ticket!!

62tucker

Site Supporter
50,000 at toon for liverpool game and it was live on tv,

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
As a Spurs supporter - if Sunderland are considered so insignificant by Newcastle fans why do you spend so much time running them down?

hempy

Alan
They have another problem coming up soon...

NOTTS COUNTY in the cup[:eek:)]

Dogstick_NUFC

Originally posted by Neil ofthe nene

As a Spurs supporter - if Sunderland are considered so insignificant by Newcastle fans why do you spend so much time running them down?
Local history,something,as a spurs supporter,you won`t have. [;)]

pelly

The Lincoln Imp!
Bloody hell... whats happening?! A Newcastle fan and a Sunderland fan having a proper adult conversation without insults, what is the world coming to?! [:p]

tourney

This is the first time i've ever had anything negative to say about niall quinn BUT when people are losing their jobs as well as their home's i think the timing could have been better!

slim jim

slimfast
Them two have gone right down in my estimation,they should be cast out to the wilderness,Brasem's gone soft me thinks[:D]
Originally posted by pelly

Bloody hell... whats happening?! A Newcastle fan and a Sunderland fan having a proper adult conversation without insults, what is the world coming to?! [:p]

stemlfc

Steve
I think every club has seen a decline in attendances this season, as well as last. I don't blame fans for staying away when the roads are dangerous, anyone who does is silly in my opinion.

I've got a lot more tickets at Anfield this season than I did last year. I got a ticket against Chelsea in the KOP very easily. A few years ago, you would have HAD to had a fan card or at least been a past season ticket holder to get a ticket in the KOP for a tier one game.

I could have been extremely lucky though, who knows.

Despite our poor form and unpopularity of Roy Hodgson we're still packing out the stadium near enough but it's definitely easier, that's for sure.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter

Originally posted by Neil ofthe nene

Local history,something,as a spurs supporter,you won`t have. [;)]

???

brasem

Wear Champ 2011
Originally posted by hempy

They have another problem coming up soon...

NOTTS COUNTY in the cup[:eek:)]

Don't suppose your aware of what happened the last time Sunderland played Notts County in the 3rd round!!!!

brasem

Wear Champ 2011
Originally posted by 62tucker

50,000 at toon for liverpool game and it was live on tv,

2 years ago there would have been no empty seats though!!!

Also a lot of those supporters turned up to have a pop ay Mr Ashley!!

Status
Not open for further replies.