Small things that please you

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Blackbirds, They're my favourite animal and they're monogamous which is probably my favourite thing about them. I have a quirky little male that regulars my garden and lives in the hedges, Every morning I go outside to be greeted by him hopping about finding worms and such and I often feed him leftovers from fishing. Just recently, he had half a bag of red maggies, And a couple handfulls of Mainline Pole Special groundbait.

I often find myself wondering how he's not been had by next door neighbours cats yet, And oddly enough get anxious over the thought of it. He certainly does live life on the edge.

stikflote

Site Supporter
Nice , pic of robin i did have a great tit perch on my pole ,i tried to nice and smooth getting
camera out but as picked it up to eye level it took fright and flew off

davepellet

nursed this fella back from the brink of death...

he was flat out on his back on our back garden one morning last spring, and not moving until I tried to pick him up & then he tried to react...
clear he'd had some kind of head and leg injury, looked like he was still drunk....

daughter & youngest son named him Lester

anyhow, I steadied him, and settled him the right way up & left him...
came back an hour later & another crow was trying to take chunks out of him, so I went out & goosed that one... then put Lester out of the way, with water & wet bread. By noon he was moving about more or less normally but it wasn't until mid afternoon he actually managed to fly away...

anyhow, ever since then any scruffy crow that turns up & lingers more than a minute, I always have a little smile to myself, that's Lester that...

20200422_140654.jpg