Small things that please you

Zerkalo

When I go out in the garden in the morning, a couple of Robins are there waiting for me to put seeds on the table for them, they will follow me to the shed and back again.

Also the sound that some vans make when reversing, the back up signal, that sounds like a crow cawing.

Just a couple of little things that make me smile, how about you?

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
At the moment, it's the emergence of spring - a snowdrop here, a crocus there and just starting to see the tete-a-tete daffs for the first time. A few buds showing on a few trees now also. Give it a month and the bulbs will be long gone, but they'll be green everywhere.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Ripping up 2 or 3 slices of bread into little pieces, then watching 2 sparrows fighting over the same little piece. Sitting on a bench at the side of the seemingly empty lakes and watching it come alive with the wildlife. Having a Kingfisher sat on your rod and it's catching more than you are.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
dunno if Im a weirdo or what

but some mornings when out early with himself

I get the urge to rip off all my clothes and run through the grass butt naked !

it just feels right to do it

Maverick

Site Supporter
Those early mornings as I get out of bed, put on my slippers and make my first trip to the bathroom. Will it squirt today or just be another dribble day.

2 years since I first got diagnosed with prostate cancer and God how I miss a good pee. :ROFLMAO:

Silver fan 82

When I go out in the garden in the morning, a couple of Robins are there waiting for me to put seeds on the table for them, they will follow me to the shed and back again.

Also the sound that some vans make when reversing, the back up signal, that sounds like a crow cawing.
I
As soon as I saw the thread title I immediately thought birdsong like you mate! It's even better if you've got a rod in your hand 😉
Another thing that comes to mind is seeing the kingfisher when on the bank.

Nicky Dodds

I have the two robin thing but they like fluoro pinkies
I also have a grey squirrel thing who is accustomed to thrice daily handfuls of loose peanuts on a small garden table. Although my lads husky pup has jumped on that bandwagon too.
We used to have a blackbird that could mimic the house phone ringtone which was peer gynt. We called him toothache as he could be a bit of a pain as he constantly buzzed you until you supplied pinkies and maggots.
If ever he wasn't around when you put food out just whistle peer gynt and he was there within 15 seconds.