Small dog

stikflote

Site Supporter
Hi, i recently posted about our dog Diesel passing away, at 16 years

My daughter is looking for a small dog that doesnt moult,. ,

Im wondering if any one on here can help me out , being that we all seem to be friends
on here , and come from all over the country ,
Keith

The Landlord

Site Supporter
  • Tibetan Terrier. Tibetan terriers are proof that hypoallergenic doesn't mean no hair. ...
  • Maltese Terrier. ...
  • Shih Tzu. ...
  • Brussels Griffon. ...
  • Portugese Water Dog. ...
  • Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier. ...
  • Poodle (Toy, Miniature, and Standard) ...
  • West Highland White Terrier.

Google is your friend :)

stikflote

Site Supporter
Hello Landlord,
i know a lot of those dogs dont moult, maybe my post was wrong
but im asking if any one knows of any for sale ,
Im not sure we want to buy off Gumtree

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Hello Landlord,
i know a lot of those dogs dont moult, maybe my post was wrong
but im asking if any one knows of any for sale ,
Im not sure we want to buy off Gumtree
Oh sorry mate. As Arch has said....a rescue would be a good shout. I wouldn't get a dog from Gumtree or any Free Ad sites either.
If you want non-moulting, (we're still finding it & he's been gone three years)
<-----------------Don't get one of these :LOL:

62tucker

Site Supporter
Hi, i recently posted about our dog Diesel passing away, at 16 years

My daughter is looking for a small dog that doesnt moult,. ,

Im wondering if any one on here can help me out , being that we all seem to be friends
on here , and come from all over the country ,
Keith
9B09D784-46F4-4A48-A4BC-0C5ACFD60C34.jpeg Doesn’t moult but needs brushing every day. And groomed every 2 months

stikflote

Site Supporter
Arch,we will have a rescue if we can find one ,i would sooner do that ,.
Our RSPCA seems to have a lot of staffies, which we dont want

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Arch,we will have a rescue if we can find one ,i would sooner do that ,.
Our RSPCA seems to have a lot of staffies, which we dont want
We got our fella from the German Shepherd Rescue. They have coordinators & centres all over the country. Might be an idea to think of the breed she would like & then googling to see if there are any rescues dedicated to that breed. You normally find that the dog's history has been checked & the potential home will also be checked. They are always careful to rehome a dog with suitable owners & vice versa.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Animal Lifeline at Cellarhead near Stoke are a dog rescue which often have a few smaller dogs. I haven’t been there for a few years but they always used to. They are not too far from you.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
There are sadly still hundreds of staffies out there looking for new homes. If they are well loved and trained properly they make lovely pets. Sadly they have a bad reputation thanks to some of the total idiots who own them. We‘ve had them for many years and they have always been well behaved and really good with other children and dogs.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I would go with a rescue if ya can get one you like, i love our Albert with more than i own but if id have known how many little Terriers were awaiting a home id have gone down that route.

I currently have two Whippets and have be 'owned' by Whippets for many many years now.

They do not moult, only need a little exercise very short walks but with a good run around, love people and crave their attention. My two spend most of their time asleep on my lap or in front of the fire,radiator.

Whippet Rescue, JT Whippet Rescue, Just Whippets Rescue are always looking for good, loving homes.

Here are my two, Aphrodite and Oscar. Oscar is a rescue, he is a tri ped thanks to the cruelty of his origional owner, but he can still out pace most other dogs ;)

John :)

464251_156165151179487_1807961748_o (2).jpg

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Get a Boxer - Winston doesn't molt but at 38kg he's hardly little and when he wants to sit on your lap it's time for you to get off his chair :D

nejohn

Site Supporter
Most breeds have a rescue service attached to the breed clubs get onto Google and have a look, I have some connections and do some work for a rescue service for pointers who have a few dogs available at the minute, they are a great family dog as they are very placid and loyal and love human, unfortunately they wiegh around 20-25 kg, are mad as a box of frogs and can shed quite a lot of hair especially during the summer..... We have 2 great companions and the entertainment value is quite high 20200328_100140.jpg

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I would echo the comments about Gumtree and sites like that - avoid at all costs - and look for a rescue.

Checked our local RSPCA and they have almost no dogs available for rehoming but greyhound rescue does (not small I know) and whippets are wonderful.