slow sinking bombs

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggerbailey

has anyone used these yet and if so what do you reakon? where can i purchase them from and could you make them yourself?

rotherhamrob

it tells you how to make them in this weeks angling times from the widget from cans of boddingtons and the good thing is you get to drink beer for them i told the wife i needed to drink lots of boddingtons for fishing, best excuse ever!

Serious Sam

Seriously Serious
Have heard of people using a bubble float filled with water, must stress I've not tried it myself !

peteblade

Drill a small bouncy ball, glue a swivel in then push pins in till its just past neutral bouyancy, if you want it to float take a few pins out . Simple and casts really well.

Billynomates

Originally posted by peteblade

Drill a small bouncy ball, glue a swivel in then push pins in till its just past neutral bouyancy, if you want it to float take a few pins out . Simple and casts really well.
Hi Pete, Why the swivel?

rodring

Account Locked
Originally posted by Billynomates

Originally posted by peteblade

Hi Pete, Why the swivel?
to stop tangles and line twist on the retrieve probably.

Warden

Site Supporter
PICT0675.jpg
Thats a variation of what has been mentioned,this method used to be called fishing the grape as the plastic grapes that you used to see at such as Morrisons were used,but later were made out of the super bouncy balls that you can get at most toy stores,you weight them to almost neutral boyancy the put shot on the line to make them sink very slowly,you spray bait at it and if the fish are up for it you can get a lot of fish in succession.

Billynomates

Originally posted by Warden

PICT0675.jpg
Thats a variation of what has been mentioned,this method used to be called fishing the grape as the plastic grapes that you used to see at such as Morrisons were used,but later were made out of the super bouncy balls that you can get at most toy stores,you weight them to almost neutral boyancy the put shot on the line to make them sink very slowly,you spray bait at it and if the fish are up for it you can get a lot of fish in succession.
Thanks for the information, most helpful

greenman

i have been making slow sinking bombs all year now and selling them they are expensive to make but do a fantastic job and are made from an hi density material all the top anglers are using them i can make them for anyone who needs them just email me they are a fiver each

rodring

Account Locked
an overshotted loaded pellet waggler works just as well.

fordy1

the easiest way to make 1 is to cut the top off of a pellet wag.

Status
Not open for further replies.