slight problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobs11

when ever i post on here i seem to get stuck - ie the following page wont load.i have to stop my browser loading and click a link .

any ideas coz its a tad annoying implode.gif

drown maggots not kids

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Scoobs,

When you post are you logged in prior to posting or do you log in from the 'Posting' page?

The reason I ask is if you are already logged in you will be returned automatically back to the thread you posted to.
If you are not logged in and choose to log in when you post, the page will get lost in a loop and you will see the 'Message Posted' page as the files cannot determine which thread you came from.
When this happens you will have to click a link to move on.

Dave

norm

dave
this post has been on before and it is the same for me

when i post i have to start all over again to get back to the thread i posted on

EG. return to forum----the club house----slight problem

it does not just return straigt to slight problem

ps i log on as soon as i come onto the site, some times i never log off

but the same happens all the time

it does not matter

but i thought i would just let ya know

WHO`S PEG CAN I CAST INTO?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
After this weekend I'll have a good look into it and see if I can find out why,

In the meantime can you ley me know which browsers you use and which versions ie Internet Explorer 5.0, Netscape, etc.

Cheers..

Housten we have a problem, Housten are you there? Housten -- Gone fishing lol

Dave

scoobs11

its nowt major dave , so dinna fash . as i would say if i was a jock

drown maggots not kids

n/a4

deleted
Hi guys!!

It was me that raised this problem a couple of weeks ago.
I sympathise with you because I've got the problem bad this morning, I fired up at 10:00 and so far I've managed to read two posts (inc. this one)I've been refused connection about 6-7 times I've ping tested, repaired begged and prayed but all to no avail.

While walking the dog in the mornings I've made friends with another chap who also experiences these problems, we've come up with the following theorys
All these problems come back to one thing MONEY!!!!

1, people who open pay-as-you-go accounts with ISP's the longer you take to get a download and connection the MORE MONEY THE ISP make from the call.

2, contract accounts pay monthly use as often as you like with no call costs, the more you use it THE MORE MONEY IT COSTS THE ISP, so they cut you off

3 the same applies to broadband customers we pay 14.99 a month for NTL broadband and I've noticed these problems occur after we use the internet a lot, thus slowing down our connections or denying them altogether they hope you get p***** off waitng and disconnect.

our server fron NTL is Gateway and we have a lot of problems we also use explorer 5.0
You try and dis-prove any of the above, and if you confront the ISP's with those facts they deny them.
steve

pilgrim e0.gif/12k

norm

I GOT THE LASTEST UP TO DATE EXPLORER (I THINK)DAVE

WHO`S PEG CAN I CAST INTO?

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
One suggestion for IE users who are having the problem is to clear your temporary internet files and history caches and then close/open IE again. Often helps some.

Any who are using broadband and running W2K or XP should also try opening a DOS window (start~run~cmd) and running the following command:

ipconfig /flushdns (and press ENTER).

Newt Vail

n/a4

deleted
Hi Newt

Thanks for the info I see that it appies to win2000 and XP.
Will it work for Win98 if not do you have another solution to our problem, because its drivin me uo the wall.
This seems to happen when No1 son goes on a site called KaZaA I don't know if you know it but it takes days sometimes to return to normal and even then it's stil as slow as a snail on valium.
I think I'll go up to the library and use their computers.
all the best
steve

ps if hawk asks about the wwe you know nothing OK icon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_wink.gif
she's mad keen on WWE wrestling

scouse

'River Man'
hi pilgrim
did it work what i sent you?
just wondering

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

n/a4

deleted
hi Scouse
thanks for the help have tried several times to open archives but so far unsuccessful can you by any chance send us the sites you were reffering to please?
sneaky buggers aint they those kazaa people thought that sort of thing was ilegal?
steve

n/a4

deleted
Hi scouse!

your

and don't let anyone tell you different.
I ran both downloads and guess what? 88 yes 88 bloody viruses we found all but one was healed that was consigned to the dungeon of dispair and scouse uess where they were all hiding yes!!you got it right kazaa so if any of you out there have kids who decide to use this site for downloading music for your own protection load anti-virus protection.

www.grisoft.com

www.lavasoft.nu/downloads.html

are the two I used the last one prevents unwanted "snoopin" on your web visits and stops advirts from popping up
Dave the old computer is back with very fast response so looks like problem was virus infection icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

yes I'm a happy bunny, now we sort out this months phone bill 80.00 od help us from kids and g keys wot don't work!!!!!!

steve

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Steve,

Remember to set your AVG to run Heuristics and also update your dat files on a weekly basis. This can be set automatically.
The Ad-aware also needs to be run weekly if you are using KaZaA because you will find that when using it you will accumulate spyware.

Regards, Dave

n/a4

deleted
Hi Dave

guess what I've actually manged to get on tonight but heres the BIGGEST LAUGH AND JOKE OF THE MILLENIUM!!!!
according to my monitor in my task bar my server GATEWAY is UNAVAILABLE taraaa. so in modern terms does it mean that when all my indicators show that my internet connection is OK then I should NOT use it and when it shows the BIG RED CROSS to say my internet connection is NOT available then I can go ahead and use it?
Cos this is how it appears to me.
God I hate computers and everythin that goes with them (NOT MDers I HASTEN TO ADD JUST THE BLOODY MACHINES)
I have abad headache thinking about this.
little shez (hawk) came in and was on it with no problem i think i'll get her to do my posting from now on.

steve

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Steve,

I have come to the conclusion that you are plagued by the Poltergeist known as 'Ntl'

After you got in touch I did a bit of checking and lo' and behold, there has been other reports elsewhere of similar problems regarding connection with Ntl.

Are you connected with their little box and a USB port or using a Network Card?

If it's with the USB, contact them and get them to check the box out

Regards, Dave

n/a4

deleted
hi dave
nah mate we thought our USB was defunct so we bought a ethernet card which we thought was slowing the response down oh dear this is most annoying I'm seriously thinking of going up the pub but whenever I do that some idiot always manages to tread on my fingers on the way home an it hurts for ages after, it doesn't seem to matter which way home I come either an the landlord dont like people kipping in his bar cus then the beer barrels seem to spring a leak.

I think I'l just have to accept that me an modern technology will never be friends.
I tell you what I'm glad there no computer controlled fishing (YET!!)
rgds
steve

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Several comments here

Get KzazzaLite from http://free.hostdepartment.com/kazaalitetk/ since it will do the same tasks but is not spyware infested. Works well.

For broadband, an ethernet network card is much better than USB. Maybe one day not so but for now, USB just ain't got it right.

The ipconfig /flushdns is only good on NT systems (NT4, 2000, XP) and only necessary on 2000 & XP because they are the only ones that store the DNS information on the PC. Win9x will give you an error if you try ipconfig because it uses a totally different command - winipcfg - to show your internet settings and it lacks the switches that allow you to do so many things with ipconfig.

In addition to good anti-virus protection, everyone who surfs around the internet should be using Ad-aware (free) from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ which will find and remove spyware for you. AV programs cannot and do not.

Newt Vail

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Hi Newt do have to disable existing A/Virus program before you can run Ad-aware.
Cheers.

teepee.

scoobs11

i'm using netscape 6.2 if that helps dave

i'll have a fiver on the brown one

Status
Not open for further replies.