Sleeping at Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
Well,after 8yrs on nights i return to days in the morning (0600-1400) [:T] i have been given the task of reducing the number of customer complaints on a division that has major problems with the staff [:(].

Only have to work every other saturday,so will hopefully have some time to actually go fishing (haven't wetted a line since last October [:0]) no longer will i have to turn up at MD matches fish and then drive home after being up for the best part of 30 odd hrs [:D].

So,sleep pattern is going to be all over the place for a few weeks/months.

Anyone got any ideas [:H][:D]

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just a question of working hard enough to tire yourself out.

[:0]Opppppppps sorry, it's the Post Office you're talking about, so no chance of that then.[:p][:D][:D][:D]

A few days fishing should knacker you out Paul.[;)]

Drink a small bottle of lucozade before you go to sleep, helped me when I did shift work. You will still sleep well, but wake up buzzing. Could help you with your problem.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
The advice I received from regular travellers who suffer from jet-lag, is just to tough it out. If you body doesnt want to sleep, then dont force it, but stay awake and work through. You'll soon be tired the next time around.

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
Before i went on nights,i used to use 2 alarm clocks to get me up in the mornings,i put 1 by the bed and the other one by the bedroom door set to go off 5 mins after the first one.

That way i had to get out of bed to turn the 2nd one off [:T]

Have to admit these warm nights are not going to help trying to sleep [:(]

Sparhawk

Benilyn.(*)

I swore by it when I did fornight about nights.

One bottle, after Monday lunch, sleep though till Monday night. Soon got used to it.

* Not really reccomended, but I did 2 years on weird patterns and never got a cough once.

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
Thanks for the help.

I was on a 2 day course last week (days)by 9pm i couldn't keep my eyes open,still woke up at 2am then could'nt go back to sleep.

Suppose its all to do with the body clock.

keith74

THFC
watch a re run of the England world cup campaign Paul[:D]
or 8 stellas[}:)]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by nomorelongwalks

i have been given the task of reducing the number of customer complaints on a division that has major problems with the staff [:(].

ROFLMAO - we're talking painting the Forth Bridge here Paul [:D]

I just hope your bonus isn't linked to results [8D]

me

Originally posted by nomorelongwalks

] i have been given the task of reducing the number of customer complaints on a division that has major problems with the staff

Flamin heck, thats a task an half to try and sort the whole royal mail system out

Last edited:

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sorry, if you have to resort to taking pills or other stimulants to stay awake to do your job then you need to get yourself sorted out.

I spent several years doing night shifts before reverting to alternate days and nights, I found it a matter of getting priority's right.

Go to bed, read a book, set the alarm at a time you want to get up, and get up at that time. You may find for the first few days you will feel tired but your body will acclimatise.

Status
Not open for further replies.