Skylarks has Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Brian

As from last thursday the trustees and management of Vitalise decided to close Skylarks at nottingham, As some of you know I was involved with the organising of their fishing fortnight for many years and in 2002 was introduced to a mad lot called maggotdrowners who over the years have supported the event by turning up and helping a disabled fisherman and donating gear and funds to help us along. (for those of you who dont know about us,do a search for skylarks)

This has been quiet a traumatic week for many and the true reasons for closure are not known but over the past few years the centre seemed to be mismanaged by the senior management team.

There were some inspirational people who stayed at the centre and they have affected our lives for ever.

I would personally like to thank all of you who have helped over the years, I dont know wether the event will be resurected in some form or other at one of the other centres. Only time will tell!

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that Brian. When you told me what has been happening at the centre over the last couple of years that was bad enough. Although I only managed to help for a couple of years I am glad I managed to get a few of the Maggot Drowners involved.

I feel sorry for the guests who used the centre, some of them will find it extremely difficult to go fishing now.

andyfp

Account Locked
Such a shame.

By the sound of it yet another deserving cause ruined by an inept management team. [:(][:(]

Last edited:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Very sad news and a blow for all that have used the centre.[:(]

Serious Sam

Seriously Serious
Damn shame, no doubt meanwhile the 'managers' will go on to new positions without missing a beat . . . .

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Unfortunately we in Britain do a very bad job at training people to become managers. We fail to introduce it at school and later in life most companies and organisations do not spend the money on appropriate training and just let people fall into such roles. That is why the NHS is so badly run. I guess Skylarks has suffered because the people given management responsibility actually had very few skills in that area.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
now this is a sad day for angling

Status
Not open for further replies.