Sky losing a good'un

DFL

Site Supporter
Yesterday Jeff Stelling announced he will be leaving Sky at the end of the season. I so Saturday lunchtimes pre match listening to the banter between Jeff, Charlie Nicholas, Phil Thompson, Matt Le Tissier and Paul Merton, nearly all ruthlessly chopped bar Merson, probably a rare bit of sympathy shown in his case. I thought Jeff would walk then. He's a great broadcaster I guess he's already got something else lined up.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
He’s realised it’s not the same without his mates.
Like you I thought he’d have walked when they swung the axe.
Well we all know what colour,gender& sexual preferences type of person will get the job.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Yesterday Jeff Stelling announced he will be leaving Sky at the end of the season. I so Saturday lunchtimes pre match listening to the banter between Jeff, Charlie Nicholas, Phil Thompson, Matt Le Tissier and Paul Merton, nearly all ruthlessly chopped bar Merson, probably a rare bit of sympathy shown in his case. I thought Jeff would walk then. He's a great broadcaster I guess he's already got something else lined up.
Hope he's coming back to countdown... can't bloody stand that wizened harpie Ann Robinson

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
He does an amazing show - I have no idea how he keeps the show going the way he does. I know he had info popping up on the screen in front of him but I'm in awe whenever I see him on a Saturday afternoon.

Last edited:

Total

Site Supporter
Jeff just said, he's "been with Sky 30 years come next May and that it was time he felt to move on and that he wasn't retiring"......Good luck to him, he's a decent sort and very good at his job....

John Dory

Account Locked
It won’t be the same without him but the day had to come when he decided to move on. It was an absolutely brilliant show about 15 years ago with George Best, Rodney Marsh and Alan Mullery.

Robwooly

Top quality presenter, no doubt about that, seems the quality of presenters is getting much worse, you can almost walk into a big job nowadays with no presenting experience, or no charisma/personality or even any ability to add lib, it's no longer a job that's filled based on merit. Sad really.

DFL

Site Supporter
He does an amazing show - I have no idea how he keeps the show going the way he does. I know he had info popping up on the screen in front of him but I'm in awe whenever I see him on a Saturday afternoon.
A six hour shift of non stop live action, as you say, info coming up on a screen but also a director in his ear piece non stop, still found time to joke, ad lib and cheer on his beloved Hartlepool, a consummate professional.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
He's a Man's Man, His own man, A bloke... and that is not what a TV presenter should be in this Woke, Inclusive, LBTQWMDTOPFRYB crud... I know he's not being sacked and he's going of his own accord... but I think he's seen the writing on the wall... good luck with whatever he chooses to do

cameraman

The best thing on Sky Sports
We have bigger things to worry about at SKY. Our techno guys cant get the clocks to go back on peoples Sky boxes and they are stuck on BST instead of GMT. Glad im leaving.

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
We have bigger things to worry about at SKY. Our techno guys cant get the clocks to go back on peoples Sky boxes and they are stuck on BST instead of GMT. Glad im leaving.
Oh, I thought you had heard I will be ringing tomorrow about £55 worth of admin fees that have appeared on my bill and been taken by direct debit 😡

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Ever played the Jeff Stelling drinking game?
LUNACY 😵