Skrettings or Coppens 2mm micros ?

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
I normally buy my micros in bulk and now need to get another sack of 2mm micros. I have heard that pellet compositions change.

The last sack lasted me a few years and I wondered which pellet is currently considered best for pellet/method feeder? Skrettings or Coppens?

Stanley

And lot of fisheries buy pallets of 25KG Skrettings or Coppins pellets and then bag them up as fishery pellets. There are only a few bulk pellet manufacturers in UK/Ireland so I seem to find they are all very similar.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
According to Jamie Hughes- coppens if fishing on the deck. Skrettings if looking to catch through the layers. Soaking of either and how much soaking would have a bearing on things of course too.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
In my experience Coppens, when wetted, go like concrete. Skrettings will break back down easily into individual pellets.

I think it was Jamie hughes that recommends using a mix of the two to get a breakdown rate that you require.

We have seen on at least two underwater videos that pellets on the method fail to stay attached when the feeder hits the water. I have to assume that the anglers were using Skrettings. Hence the mixture of either both types of pellets or pellets & groundbait.