Skretting Pellets any good - ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
Site Supporter
I've bought a bulk bag of 'Skretting' coarse fish pellets. 6mm.

Been out fishing the waggler today, maggots went a bomb for skimmers, bream and roach...but despite feeding these pellets as well, I really struggled with them. Couple of bites, could have been liners and bumped one fish off.

I've heard they've been good for carp. Does anyone else have experience of them, espec with other species such as roach and bream ???

Bill G

Grandad
they dont come any better mate used em for ages most of the commercials around here sell them as there own brand when asked where they get there pellet from its where i get mine from and they only sell that brand

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
I use them, had loads of ton up weights in matches using them fishing shallow on the pole and waggler, I mainly use the 6mm cos im looking to catch carp most of the time.

If you are looking to catch skimmers and bream you may be better off feeding the 4mm and using a soft 4mm pellet on the hook.

If you read my blog you will see they are the only pellet I use and the results I have speak for themselves! Link is below.

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
Site Supporter
Thanks Nick. Got a whole load of 6 mils to get thru yet [:)]

4mm be better I expect but i'm not that particular. Will use them for carp too. Maybe its just this particular water that didnt respond. Its a park lake. While some people use pellets of various descriptions the fish have not been bought up on them.

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
I have found on some natural type lakes they work and others they don't. You could probably fish pellet for a week at my local Moat Park lake without a touch! Yet some other places that have never seen a pellet I have caught first time out.

Status
Not open for further replies.