Skretting Pellet Size.

Maverick

Site Supporter
Heard many folk reccomend Skretting Pellets as the best you can buy so was a bit confused when I checked out their website.

Their 8.5mm pellets could be anywhere between 7.5mm - 9.5mm in size.

I recently bought a different brand of pellets that were suposed be 8mm but were closer to 10mm.

Is it so difficult to make a batch of pellets that are a uniform size?

Also noticed if you buy one 25k bag its 11.13 delivery. If you buy 2 bags its 20.55? The bloody lorry's only making one delivery call.

Last edited:

Maverick

Site Supporter
Originally posted by NathanWatson

I'd try a different supplier! Try Purepellet or try and find somewhere local.

Yeah had a look at Purepellet. Nathan. They are cheaper but you get 5k less per sack. i.e. 20k instead of 25k

Want 2 25k bags, Have e-mailed someone within 15 miles of me for prices but not had a reply yet. Anyone know anywhere in the Stoke on Trent/ Staffordshire area please?

CupraR

I'm sure gjw titmus charge less for delivery. You tried them?

3% cash back too with quid co

paul_fish

Another vote gjw titmus.

Think I paid about 34:50 for a 25kg bag of skretting 6mm carp pellet.
Fast delivery too.

Maverick

Site Supporter
Yeah checked Titmus out. Very good prices for delivery? May order from them.

Are the Skrettings pellets all different sizes then? Whats the problem with every pellet in a bag being the same size?

CupraR

I haven't bought in bulk from titmus. Only 2.5kg at a time along with dog biscuits. Dog biscuits were free delivery. That include 2.5kg pellets within the free delivery o I just received 5kg of 8.5 mm and 2.5kg of 11mm (to share with a mate). These all came within the same free delivery.

All the pellets look to be very uniform in size in the bags.

pat 1948

22/09/13 - 17/03/18
In Memoriam
I think that with a lot of manufacturers it's 'average' size, some smaller, some bigger, I don't think the fish are much bothered though!!![:D][;)]

Maverick

Site Supporter
Originally posted by pat 1948

I think that with a lot of manufacturers it's 'average' size, some smaller, some bigger, I don't think the fish are much bothered though!!![:D][;)]

With todays technology and these things being mass produced in a machine I would have thought they'd all be the same size.

Perhaps they make a long sausage pellet and have some little philipino girl chopping em off with a pen knife [:)]

iammrb

Site Supporter
Coppens are even worse for continuity in shapes & sizes .

Bought some even size 8mm from quality baits in nether Whitaker . Expensive though @ 22 for 10k.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Let's remember we are talking about fish food. These are not made to be precise, the fish just eat them.

And being made of natural products there is bound to be variations.

There are a lot more important things to get right with your fishing before you stress about the consistency of the size of pellets.