skimmers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Good question everyready and one that'll no doubt open a debate [:D]

To me a skimmer is a bream that's silver in colour. I know they're all the same; skimmers, common, bronze, but if it's silver then ....

Dave
Datafile2.asp

everyready

so are we saying skimmer fish under two pounds ? bream two pounds and above, or any silver bream a skimmer ,and bream not silver

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'
hi everready i asked ray this question at the north west fish-in...
ray said to me a bream is a goldy brown colour with a tint of green ........ all silver bream are skimmers mate

Datafile4.asp

chris the name fish the game...

martin.

Account Locked
dont forget there is a bream called a silver bream which isnt actualy a skimmer but a seperate branch of the species

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile4.asp

talk fishing flip football
www.fishingvenuesuk.co.uk

Apache

There are two sperate species: Silver Bream, which are generally silver and smaller, and Common Bream, which are darker and larger.

Tight Lines,

Datafile4.asp

DataFile.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.com

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Assuming that all small bream are classes as Skimmers (for the Fishing Race at least) I've claimed this one of just over a 1lb as a skimmer

Datafile4.asp

Am I right?

AlanP

scales

Vinny
We had this debate in Ireland last September and decided to call the ones we could'nt make our minds up about Brimmers !!
We thought it was amusing anyway !!

cheers,

Vinny,

Every angler knows his Plaice.

porters

I thought the word skimmer came about from the fact that you could skim them over the surface whilst landing them? Therefore, most silver bream are skimmers because silvers tend to be smaller, but common or bronze bream can also be skimmers when they are little uns?

Tight lines
Mark

joe1987

'Darwener'
Ive always classed a bronzy brown common bream as a bream. A small silver common bream a skimmer.
Isnt it that the common bream goes through changes as it reaches adult maturity and changes into a darker colour???

*)*Joey*(*

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
i always thought skimmers, like joe,were immature common or bronze bream, ive been led to believe silver bream are a seperate species from the common bream and skimmer all together.

J.Tolley

waxlion1

I thought that Skimmers are the ones that cover everything in snot and slime and are totally different to silver bream.

Waxlion1
fox_with_sheep_md_clr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.