Skimmer and bream mix

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Thanks Steve - not had chance to check out your links you sent me so was unaware of the “non-free running” status of the rig

Having been almost exclusively fishing for carp since returning to the sport (it’s all that’s in Neville Park) or float fishing the estate lake to avoid all the silt I acknowledge my feeder fishing knowledge stems from my match days well over 15yrs ago and technology has moved on considerably since

Lots of feeder fishing YouTube to catch up I think
No worries. Some people don't like the rig because it's not free running but there's other rigs you can use for Bream.

Saying that my dad had some nice Bream on it from the park, Bream usually love groundbait too much to ignore though don't they.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Could never get my head round skimmers or blades coming up in the water but it was a regular occurrence on one shallow lake I used to fish. I’m talking about natural waters. Always took me by surprise as I was so reluctant to try shallow. But they can come up in the water with enough competition for food👍.
I can count on the fingers of one hand the times I’ve caught proper Bream up in the water though. Then it’s only odd fish.
I can well remember getting frustrated as a kid casting at basking Bream and failing, time after time, to catch. They were enormous fish for us at the time😂
I‘m often amazed at how shallow you can catch Roach/Bream hybrids. The Bream genes must be very weak.
Back when I used to fish Moorlands Farm as a kid, we would go on the main match lakes and fish meat shallow hoping for 100lb of Carp and all we used to catch were big skimmers/liminal Bream 2lb+ on it. :LOL:

smiffy

Site Supporter
Back when I used to fish Moorlands Farm as a kid, we would go on the main match lakes and fish meat shallow hoping for 100lb of Carp and all we used to catch were big skimmers/liminal Bream 2lb+ on it. :LOL:
Commies can be a law unto themselves. Bit like my garden pond. The Gudgeon in there will happily come to the top to take the floating pellets and barge the goldfish out the way to do so. Totally unnatural but necessary to get some grub👍