Skelmersdale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray

hiya f/m1, wave.gif

i live in skelmersdale and fish quite a lot in the surrounding areas i.e. burscough, appley bridge, as far as i know there are only moss lodge,s (which are owned by the golden lion, rainford) and a small pond in old skelmersdale which i have not fished. there are however plenty of waters to pick from within a 10/20 minute drive and i have at sometime fished most of them.

if i can be of any assistance please contact me.

clean banks campaign 2002.....have you joined??

Yeah ive fished appley bridge canal many times biggest perch being 1lb and half under bridge on worm when it was raining. The fishery next to it pro koi is good to ive had plenty of fish out of there. I live around skem so ive got plenty of choice with firswood road bannister farm charity farm lathom fisheries. Ive never been moss lodges. Someone said you need a membership. Has it fished well for u?
Where do you fish most when you get the spare time?.

ray

moss lodges are controlled by the golden lion ac (rainford) i personally havent fished them for years.
where do i fish in my spare time (wots spare time??)
if i have only got a few hours, i tend to go to fir tree fishery (appley bridge)it is a very good (and well ran) allround fishery and ya can catch all day but i have only been going for the tench as i am trying to break my p.b. (which is currently 6lb 10oz)they go to over 8lb there, the wife likes fir tree cos she can go and catch a good mixed bag.
i also go to beacon view and waterside, again if i only have a few hours as they are only 10 mins away.
i fish leeds/l/pool canal quite a bit but tend to fish at burscough or liverpool end.
if i am going for a day, i like to travel a bit to the likes of cudmore,tattenhall.
as for rivers, the ribble and dane are both excellent and only an hour away.
this year i wanna try some new waters, (allready going to izaak waltons and elvington) will be going to the likes of border fishery, makins, and a few others. (open to suggestions by anybody)

with two weeks at whiteacres allready booked it looks like i'm in for a good year.

scouse

'River Man'
Hi F/M 1
if you have fished charity farm,
have you been to the one in bentley lane,?
or old heskin farm,or the cattrey,
there are plenty to go too
if you want to know were they are let me know
on here or email me no problem
tightlines dave (scouse)
hello.gif

To dave and ray and readers

Around charity farm ive fished a little pond right next to charity farm, its really small and it holds mainly roach and perch and the odd big carp. Its about 3 and hardly anyone goes their, its next to the church. Ive seen another pond by charity but i dont know what its called. I dont know my way round them places so would you giv me some directions dave of any good ones from when you come out of charity. Ray i havent yet fished fir tree lodge but ive heared it gets packed pretty quickly and early how much is it and does it fish good in winter. I once fished Beacon view and my god it was a bad day and it was my birthday. My dad caught three little roach . He was on maggot and they would pull the float under every second but when you struck their was nothing there. It was weird. The owner said fish 10 ft by the boat so how could i when my rod was 10 ft i couldnt cast out . I tried ledgering and everything but nothing. But now i have learned alot so maybe i can fish it better than last time. Fir tree has been in anglers mail on action replay where the fella caught loads of 5lb to 3lb tench on double maggot. I dont know where to fish on saturday i may go charity, where would you suggest for a good bag because charity was meant to be producing 20lb bags according to the skem advertiser.

jon ( Happiness is fishing!!!! )

scouse

'River Man'
HI jon
when you come out of c/farm turn left carry on down lane pass the pub on right take first left (bentley lane) go down to bend in road you see cow gate drive through, lake on left big carp in it,
if you go past bently lane carry on to a cottage on right you will see half-penny lane turn left carry on to the bottom, old heskin farm on right drive in to car park, it has 3 lakes great fishing there is loads more i can tell you about around there if you wish.
tightlines dave(scouse)

yeah i might giv one a go this weekend. If weather is good what pond would you say for a good bag of fish ( well stocked pond )

ray

hiya f/m, fir tree fishes well all year, in colder weather fish the big lake as it is deeper and the small barbel and chub will give ya bites all day, small lake for the tench (up to 8lb+) in summer, im not to sure of the price (cos i dont payicon_smile_big.gif)think it's 4?
when ya do go watch out for the carp as they go to 26lb

Ray, How old do u hav to be to get in fir tree lodge. Ive heard its good but i couldnt go anywhere this weekend with weather and that. Constant rain and the wind on saturday was terrible. Their must of been some broken umbrellas with that. May go next week if weathers good. Last time i went in wind it blew my groundbait bowl in. It cosat me 4 pound. Probably go fir tree on my own if me mate doesnt come. Hav to take a radio to keep me company or may ask me dad to come

ray

hiya f/m, wave.gif

as far as i am aware, ya have ta be 16 or with an adult, if you go there this week try fluro pinkie in the big lake, mate said good mixed bags are comming out to it.

p.s. i might give lathom a try, any tips would be appreciated as i have not been there yet.

catch ya later. thumbsup.gif

you sit, you fish you enjoy...........
so take your c**p home with you so that i can do the same.

original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

yeah thanx for tip
i may try it if weathers calm, the path is meant to be stone though isnt it. Ive heard good things abt it though. Erm lathom fisheries ive fished once. It was a hell of a windy day and my float was everywhere. My dad who is only just starting to come with me rarely casted into the middle of the lake. Anyway he caught abt 3 mini barble abt 5 oz and i was ledgering which i found one of the best methods i had my bite alarm set up with double corn. Half an hour later after my dad sayin i wouldnt catch a thing ledgering off it goes bbrrrrrrrrrrrr i struck into a decent fish but it pulled free after 10 secs. Then i tried i think it was meat and then half an hour brrrrrrr i netted a 2 and half lb carp i was quite happy with. I had another couple of screamers which i missed. The price is ridiculous though 4.00 per rod which i thought was dear. If you do go get their early as ive heard its best and i onlly fished the big lake but ive heard the littler one is better. Abt fir tree i will try and get in being 16 even though im 15. Why do ya hav to be 16 anyway i dont get it im very sensible and i love the sport but most populour lakes you hav to be 16 or over

Status
Not open for further replies.