SkeeTex Thermal boots

bettsfan

A Great Boot but I wouldn't risk them roving along a river, I stick to my walking boots for that!

Ruddles #

Used to work in a freezer minus 22 - 25 all time got a pair of thermal boots from there like rigger boots lined we fleece never get cold feet in them..

G20

Site Supporter
I still have the original blue skeetex boots I bought about 30-40 years ago ( maybe older? I'm sure someone will tell me) and still wear them occasionally, Have replaced the liners a few times as might be expected. I find by removing my socks there's a bit of space for a layer of air around foot keeping my feet really warm. ( Perhaps I should have got the next larger size ) and if I leave my socks on, they end up around my toes after a walk. Will say the grip on the soles could be better and not so good for long walks but if you want warm toasty feet I recommend them. The only drawback is the colour with people taking the p##s ...........That won't be your problem cos the're green now.
Oh! and I find it best to put your foot into the liner first before sliding all the foot into the boot and remove foot after, with the liner on
I’ve been wearing some relatively basic fur-lined waterproof boots, but given the recent drop in temperature I’m considering an upgrade, I don’t cope well with cold feet.

Ive read that SkeeTex are good, just wanted to check that these are the right ones before I order them

thanks in advance ?

stewie
I still have the original blue skeetex boots I bought about 30-40 years ago ( maybe older? I'm sure someone will tell me) and still wear them occasionally, Have replaced the liners a few times as might be expected. I find by removing my socks there's a bit of space for a layer of air around foot keeping my feet really warm. ( Perhaps I should have got the next larger size ) and if I leave my socks on, they end up around my toes after a walk. Will say the grip on the soles could be better and not so good for long walks but if you want warm toasty feet I recommend them. The only drawback is the colour with people taking the p##s ...........That won't be your problem cos the're green now.
Oh! and I find it best to put your foot into the liner first before sliding all the foot into the boot and remove foot after, with the liner on

R0B

The Field boot sizing is whack. I got the 10.5-11.5 for my size 10.5/11 plates and they're too small. Can get them on but they pinch the hell out of my toes. RUBBISH now I have to send them back and order the 12-12s which is laughable. All reviews for the field boots say sizing is correct. I say it's not.