Six stunning UK locations from Mortimer & Whitehouse

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Six stunning UK locations from Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing

Two of the UK’s best-loved comics and long-term friends, Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse have been exploring some of the most beautiful fishing locations in Britain.

Experienced angler Paul suggested they go on a fishing trip to help speed up Bob’s recovery after heart surgery. Since then the pair have been travelling the UK trying to reel in a good catch – with Paul setting out the rules of the waterways and Bob as his keen apprentice.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Both brilliant in the original comedies that made their names, and I watched some of the first fishing ones, were ok. But I think the fishing one is going to be a bit marmite. Looked at the 6 I think I was shows they have planned for this one, and none appealed to me fishing wise. In terms of them getting out fishing to assist their recoveries from health issues, then fair play to them.

fishcatcher4

I have enjoyed both series a lot.

The fishing is just a backdrop to their chatter therefore it is for mainstream telly more than to learn much fishing wise.

The look of surprise and almost childlike astonishment on bob's face when he get's a bite is brilliant.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I'd enjoy it more if there were less hysterics from the little one.
Problem is that my mind (or what I laughingly refer to as my mind) has been polluted by "A Passion for Angling".

corkycat

Mortimer reminds me of my mate Howard, who is absolutely bloody useless at fishing. He's been coming fishing me for over 30 years, but still doesn't have a clue how to cast, strike, play, tie a hook...he is worse than useless. Then when he does hook a fish he starts jumping around hysterically, screaming "I've got one! I've got one!" If a go for a pee he will lift his rod out of the water until I come back because he wouldn't know what to do if he got a bite.

When you watch Paul and Bob you are watching me and Howard.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I like Paul but Bob does my head in on it, I literally just fast forward through non fishing bits I find it that annoying. Some of the locations are stunning though.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
6 half hours of Bob and Paul chatting away in a way that only good friends can in some lovely locations, The fishing is incidental really.
I've watched both series and have enjoyed them for what they are, a relaxing half hours watch uninterrupted by adverts. :upthumb: