Simple Carp Rigs - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooby

' 007 '
Hey all,
Ive been coarse fishing for a good few years now, but recently I have just bought 2 Diawa carp rods, and orderd 2 Okuma reels, i will soon be ordering the pods, nets, un hooking mat etc.

I was wondering if anyone had any simple but effective carp rigs than i can make up myself or buy[?][?]

Thanks in advance

Dooby

Datafile3.gif Angling may be said to be so like the mathematics, that it can never be fully learnt.

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
ok lol im no MASTER to carp fishing still a Lowlife in it... well which method works for me is THE METHOD, Fox inline are good,, this can be used free running or semi fixed....

Regards Gf
Datafile3.asp

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Hi Dooby

Depends on what you mean by a "rig" I suppose.

Most of the big names (and some of the smaller ones) do a range of ready-made HAIR rigs. Fox, Nash and ESP come to mind straightaway. Also Korum have just introduced two ready-made offerings. The first is on a short, about 3", hooklength they are marketing as ideal for use with a method feeder, and the second lot is on a 10/12" hooklength aimed for traditional bolt-rig use.

I also noticed in my local tackel shop at the weekend some complete ready-made rigs with the lead and everything else. I didn't notice who made them, sorry.

I'd go and have a look at what's on offer in your local shop and try a couple out and see how you get on.

I use the ready-made hair rigs as they are so convenient really. I also use ready-looped leadcore lengths rather than making them up myself.

A lot of people don't seem to rate the reday-made stuff, but I've always got on OK. I'd rather spend the time with the hook in the water than on the bank while I mess about tying bits and pieces.

Good luck when you get out there and try them.

AlanP

joe1987

'Darwener'
Well as i hardly ever use them i make my own hair rigs. If you really want an explanation i will try but its very hard without pictures!

*)*Joey*(*

Piker

i prefer a running leger with an inline lead braid hooklink and a pop up on a hair rig. I also like using the method. i attatch the method at top and tie a hooklink on bottom sounds awkward but is really simple

):)::--PIKER--:::)(
www.geocities.com/motorpike2002

joe32

Try the Yateley Angling centre web site they used to have a good rig guide on there with quite a few basic carp rigs and how to tie them up.Or you could have a look at the fishing magic site a sthey have a rig section as well which might be of use.
Hope this helps.

Joe [:D] [:D]

Don't argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to there level and beat you on experience

Steve

A knotless hair rig is effective using a feeder of some type.

If you are not sure take a look here
www.geocities.com/yosemite/rapids/8155/Rigs/Hairrig.html

Fishermen have more fun than people do!

Steve

Ian C

Hi Dooby,

It can seem a lot to take in at first, so try sticking to say two different rigs for a while till your familiar with them before moving on to try others.
Here are some "How To's?" for you (look for the How To? link on the page)...

How?

Hope this is helpful [:)]

Datafile3.asp

Ian C

Last edited:

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dooby
For the knotless knot have a chat with Dai Fish.

Meet us at Cefnmaby on 20th April and I can show you a couple of rigs I have used for bream and tench but are used for carp as well, but I do not use method or bolt rigs. In fact both are banned at some fisheries.

thumbsup.gif Geoff england_gm_e0.gif
Clean Banks Campaign member
Fishing Venues UK

erik

best bet to start is a simple braid or mono hooklink knotless knotted to a 6 or 8 hook. start with roughly an 8" hooklink and 1.5" hair. play about with hair and hooklink lengths with different bait and hook sizes and find out what works for you on your water. the snakeskin type hooklinks are also quite handy as you can strip the last couple of inchs to gain a supple braid end to your hooklink and avoid tangling on the cast, as well as being ideal for pop up fishing.
no need to go for over complicated rig as the simple ones catch just as many if not more, its more about the application.
using a simple helicopter rig you should be able to fish most situations without tangles.
i'd scrap getting a pod unless you're fishing absolutely rock hard banks, single bank sticks offer more versatility in placement and rod angle, more solid set ups especially when locked up, and less rubbish to carry about. for the price of a pod you can pick up 4 stainless ones as well which will last a lifetime.
some sort of marker rod set up as well is pretty essential if you want to fish most effectively.

erik
webmaster
http://www.that-aint-no-bream.co.uk

Dooby

' 007 '
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for everything[:)]I now have enough information/help to get me started[:)] I'll let you know how i get on.

Thanks again, its much appreciated[:)]

Gavin

Datafile3.asp
Angling may be said to be so like the mathematics, that it can never be fully learnt.

joe1987

'Darwener'
quote:. I also like using the method. i attatch the method at top and tie a hooklink on bottom sounds awkward but is really simple.
Piker, This type of method feeder you talk about can be very very dangerous to fish. The mainline can get snagged and break leaving the fish tethered to a big ball of bait! Change to the inline ones lot safer mate.

*)*Joey*(*

ja4146

'ha ha!'
i would use either a braid or mono hair rig about 8-10 inches long. and about 10/15 pound breaking strain.

jea13

Go fishing catch fish!!

Status
Not open for further replies.