Silvers Elastic Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will1991

I need an elastic for fishing for the skimmers in my water. These average small( uinder 1 pound) and also there are the usual small roach, hybrids and odd bream, (I will also be fishing the odd canal and drain). But in winter i also hook into the odd carp, upto 8 pounds. Which elastic would be best for this? I am currently using 6-8 green drennan hollow? This is ok for the silvers but i am not too sure it would hold a carp.

Thanks for any help, Will

Thom

maver dual core 5-8 [;)] or blue hydro works very nicely, which i admit i didnt expect to!

Will1991

I mainly fish with size 18 to 20 hooks (just the standard sizes, e.g not the fox series size.) in the winter or my silver fish fishing with mainly pinkies, maggots, bread.

Would those elastics hold carp to 5 or 6 pouind metal? And which one would bump Me less fish?

Thanks alot Will.

mouse77

I would be using Vespe number 4 for the silvers.

I would be feeding another line for the carp with number 10 or 12 latex for the carp.

big stoo

hello
is there an elastic that can do both jobs? i use purple preston hollo through my top 2, but have it set quite slack, i find it handles the carp great and i've not had a problen with bumping off silvers. i think this is more luck than judgement and would like to know the proper way of doing it

Terry D

The taxpayers can afford it!
White Hydro should cover all your needs. Works for me.

Jessebobs

Steve!
There's nothing wrong with the Drennan green that you are using, I have caught carp on it but it will stretch for miles and you will need an extra section or two to land a decent fish.
Why not use it in conjunction with a pull bung to give you a bit more control in case you do hook a "lump".

slf

NUFC
why dont you feed 2 lines one with maggot and hemp and the other with pellets and corn or meat 4,5,6 latex for silvers and 12 latex or black hydro for carp or hollows

Will1991

Ye i know about feeding two lines n wot not. But i av six top kits at the moment i av 1 19 hollo, one 11 drennan n 14 drennan (both hollow) and one drennan 6-8 green. But i need an elastic for winter that will not bump silvers, but if needs be i have a chance of landing a carp

Thom

will blue or white hydro sounds like your answer, put it through a pull bung and your sorted! even in winter when carp are slow a 6 latex is easy to bottom. hydro isnt

cess monkey

slf, the problem with trying to seperate fish by feding different swims with different baits is that it`s sods law that you will hook the better fish in the swim designed for bits.

Hatchye

I agree with a lot of the others on here who are pushing for white hydro. The only thing I would add is to only use it in conjunction with dacron...

Status
Not open for further replies.