Silty lake bed.method etc

Marker50

Site Supporter
Hi.in my big carping days the lake bed was a important factor.
Ie if silty no inline set ups due to lead plugging into silt.
And taking time to find out was bottom was like marker floats etc.
Then using a rig to suit ie helicopter where lead goes in first then bait after to rest on bottom and for belts and braces maybe a pva nugget so bait is suspended until pva comes off then bait softly drops down onto silt.
I often think of my big carping style and wonder if i bring enough over to my commercial carp style.
Lots of things more use of pop ups etc .
Probs more in cooler months waiting for a bite thinking is that rig set correct.
At the moment i more try to get the nice plop on method etc without knowing lake bottom much.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Popped up bread, pellet cone with 12" hooklength, expanders, dead reds, all good on silty bottoms.
Plumbing up with a lead, finding where the silt line starts next to islands and far/near banks.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Larger but lighter method (like a drennan large in 25g, Preston ICS large 20g) larger surface area so doesn't vanish into the silt.

rudd

Site Supporter
I use 6mm or 8mm bandit pop ups off a method feeder.
Will increase hooklength up to 12/14 inches at times when I feel fish are off bottom.
Will also mix a dryer mix with liquid attractive such as goo added on top when pressed on feeder.
I am looking for a slow sinking cloud of attraction. and as post above found a flat lighter method feeder settles on top of bottom junk or just into it where a lead may go in further.