Silstar Match Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triturus

I heard a nasty rumour that Silstar Match Team low diameter line is now unavailable, which seemed to be confirmed with a quick look in the local dealers (first 90340's then Bayer Perlon now this!Good job I won't need to replace my old Black Prince (lol)).
If the rumours are indeed true, what is the general consensus from the forum as to the most appropriate hook length replacement

Neil

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
all depends if we are talking pole or rod but i use pro micron 3 but a lot of people are recommending match tek, i also use fluro carbon hook length for general pole fishing, that is for the pole.

for wag i use pro and for feeder i will use something a bit stretchier such as carp tek or the match tek, also use g-line if after big fish

ray

take a look at the floats direct site, they still have bayer perlon. [;)]

prepare your meat at home and bin the tin.
"clean banks campaign"

MALC

Triturus,

Silstar Match Team line changed it's name about 2 years ago (when Silstar ceased trading) but the actual line was rereleased under the name WB Clark Match Team with a WB Clark team pictured on the front.

But it is now being brought back under the Silstar name since an ex Dam (who also ceased trading) boss (forget his name) has taken over the franchise.

Personaly though i have never liked Silstar, the Low dia lines i use are Trabucco T1, Reflow Power Line and firm favourite Pro Micron 3.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

scott essery

'Silver man'
Malc

i must have been living in another world not to know DAM have gone bust! when did that happen?

Just to prove angling is a "funny old game" ive used matchteam (or WB Clark match team - whos WB clark btw - i need to get out more eh!) [;)] for about 8 years, from 0.10 to 0.16 and love it to bits. ok ive not tried pro micron or powerline (which are possibly much better) but im happy with it.

if i start getting battered by those 10lb+ carp we are going to sack up on Malc, this summer ill give reflo a try [8D]

funny old game is angling

silver man

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Hi Neil [:)]

I con't know if this is any use to you, or if this is the same line you are looking for, but if you go to badger.com's home page click on the coarse block and scroll down to reels and lines you will find at the bottom of the page a picture of the line, click on the picture and that will take you to the section which then lists all the silstar match lines they stock.

Anyway costs nothing to look and Des Taylors ugly mug appears on the site so must have something to do the old Silster company.

here is the site address:-

www.badgerclassics.com

Hope this helps

as a foot note I've just noticed they have placed it under a "AVAILABLE WHILE STOCKS LAST" banner so if it is line you want get in there quick

Steve
Born To Fish
Forced To Work

Last edited:

MALC

Scott,

Dam Uk stopped trading early in 2002 but alot of their products are now going to "comeback" via the ex boss taking over the franchise.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

martin.

Account Locked
hi
malc is right any line supplied at moment under silstar match is old stock & not worth touching.
I personaly swear by the old silstar lines & then with the clarks matchteam not just the larger diameters but go down to 0.06
which is 1.4 lb where as 0.06 drennan double strenght is only rated 10 ozs.

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Triturus

Thanks for all your help. I always found the stuff to be excellent and have gone through spools of the 0.08 for waggler and pole use. Hope what I've got left will last until the new launch

Neil

mike s

WB Clarke Matchteam, which is currently on sale IS the original sfuff under a different (not very!) label.
Matchteam with the original Silstar label should be in the shops next week according to my Trade Magazine

"Wot, no Fish!"

martin.

Account Locked
great news mike s
thanks for letting us know ill be looking out for it

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Larry

Lazarus
I Posted a post a about this a while ago if you buy Ultima line your'e really buying Bayer
But under another name at one time it used to be called Bayer Ultima But When Aiken the parent company sold the Bayer Name , or stopped using it,they still kept the Ultima name now just sell it as Ultima made by Aiken.i CAN RECCOMEND THE ULTIMA BRAND THEY DO LOAD'S OF LINE FROM ORDINARY TO REALLY FINE LINE BUT HIGH STRENGTH&ALSO DO A RANGE OF HOOK TIE LINE'S AS WELL.
Same a BMW DID when they sold the Rover & the Kept the mini.

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

mike s

Run a Micrometer over Ultima line & you might change your mind!

"Wot, no Fish!"

Status
Not open for further replies.