Side Trays

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well the time has arrived to sort a new side tray. I've been using an original Preston Mega side tray for years and it's served me well and still going strong but won't fit my newly acquired Rive D36 box which has the 36mm legs.

With lockdown easing I took the opportunity this afternoon to pop into my local Fishing Republic to have a look at a few examples. and ended up walking out with a Nu-Fish 6040 hooded tray. It's essentially one of their 6040 Lite side trays (RRP £59.99p) with the addition of a fitted awning.

Nu-Fish 6040 Lite

1618330874789.png

Nu Fish 6040 Hooded Tray

1618331097153.png

It has a black finished perforated ally base and it's a decent size without being massive (Around 60cm X 40cm) self supporting with a RRP of 79-99p but at the moment Fishing Republic are doing them in-store for £70.
The 2 sliding adaptor blocks fit 36mm legs as standard and it is supplied with inserts to fit 23mm, 25mm and 30mm leg systems and they can also supply inserts to fit 19mm legs.
It looks to be a good quality product at a price that compares favourably with similar on the market.
I'll report back with an update once I've had a chance to use it a few times.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Well the time has arrived to sort a new side tray. I've been using an original Preston Mega side tray for years and it's served me well and still going strong but won't fit my newly acquired Rive D36 box which has the 36mm legs.

With lockdown easing I took the opportunity this afternoon to pop into my local Fishing Republic to have a look at a few examples. and ended up walking out with a Nu-Fish 6040 hooded tray. It's essentially one of their 6040 Lite side trays (RRP £59.99p) with the addition of a fitted awning.

Nu-Fish 6040 Lite

1618330874789.png

Nu Fish 6040 Hooded Tray

1618331097153.png

It has a black finished perforated ally base and it's a decent size without being massive (Around 60cm X 40cm) self supporting with a RRP of 79-99p but at the moment Fishing Republic are doing them in-store for £70.
The 2 sliding adaptor blocks fit 36mm legs as standard and it is supplied with inserts to fit 23mm, 25mm and 30mm leg systems and they can also supply inserts to fit 19mm legs.
It looks to be a good quality product at a price that compares favourably with similar on the market.
I'll report back with an update once I've had a chance to use it a few times.
Looks very good 👍, not a bad price either

Whisker

Here, there and everywhere.
Site Supporter
What do you think to it @Peter… have you still got it?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Yes Ian, have to say I'm very happy with it as it seems very well made and holds everything that I need it to without the need of a support arm/leg, It measures 660mm x 440mm and weighs around 2kgs.
You loose a small amount of space with the hood down, but I think this is common with all trays using a similar design of hood and as I don't get on with bait brollies it suits my needs.

Whisker

Here, there and everywhere.
Site Supporter
Good stuff. I bought a bait brolly ages ago and still not used it 😂

FishingNewbie

I've had one of these for a year now and think they're great except for the tray space that the hood takes up when folded down.
The annoying thing is that the tray and net bag that they sell for it doesn't take into account the 2" extra width required for the wing nuts!
Also, the handles are too long on the bag, so if you carry it by hand, it will drag on the floor (unless you're tall) or painfully lift the bag whilst walking. Many people wont experience this if they use a trolley all the time.