Side tray problems for Matrix P25 and F25 boxes

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Because the footplate has no support when pushed in (and I thought it might suffer if the weight of the box was on the back of the footplate) I decided to put it on the Preston shuttle with footplate extended. But I did have to make adjustments - I have the rear legs on a wooden platform (at the handle end) and the footplate rests on a wooden block to lift it so it's fairly level. I then put the carryall across the footplate.

From memoryif placed directly onto the shuttle the legs would have been low and would have dragged against the rear wheels - but mine has had a golf trolley motor fixed on the back and the wheels extend outwards more than a basic shuttle. So I'm not sure whether the box just placed on the shuttle would be OK - I think it probably would be. Sorry I can't be any more helpful.
With a Preston box on a shuttle, the footplate would be extended then the box placed on the bracket at the front of the shuttle facing backwards. SPST09_4.jpg

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Thanks for that. Mine is on the opposite way round, but whichever way it was put on, the legs would (unless removed) grate against the rear wheels. So I have to raise it so the rear legs are up on a wooden platform, and the front supported so it's roughly level.

frankg

Site Supporter
Yes, the Octbox is superb quality, as are the accessories. Don't tighten too much - there's no need. If you look inside you will see that the screw doesn't itself screw into the posts - there's a shaped bit inside that is pushed against the post to hold it securely.
Yes I saw that. Just about semi hand tight and it’s solid!!

ae111sr

Site Supporter
I've seen several references from posters regarding the fact that the legs of the P25 and F25 are so close to the box it's difficult to fix a side tray and still leave room for a landing net between the two, here is a pic of my set-up.

TIP RAVEN.jpg

I use two short extensions fixed to the 25mm with a strut in each, onto which my Nu-Fish Aqualock side tray is fixed, leaving room for a landing net to lay across the two extensions. My extensions are from Octbox, because I had an Octbox until recently. The two struts are also both Octbox. But doubtless you can get short 25mm legs or similar from elsewhere.
I use a similar setup on my Kiley canal box with a Preston mega side tray but using old Octoplus bits that I had in my parts boxaround

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Purely the weight and it has 25mm legs, the same as the Octbox, so I could keep the backrest and accessories.

I got the Octbox because I could turn it into a wheeled barrow. BUT after three years I was three years older and I found it hard work. By the time I got back to the car I was often feeling quite ill. So I got a Frenzee four-wheeled barrow, but that also became too heavy. Also I found it near impossible to lift the Octbox and footplate off the trolley onto a platform without removing the draws first.

Now I have a motorised Preston trolley (though at the moment the motor is not working properly). And I can pick the F25, with footplate extended, off the trolley to take it to the swim.

I can put the whole thing on and off the trolley without altering the footplate, and have a long thin holdall which lays on the footplate for travelling. I've got a van, and a ramp, and can push the whole lot up into the van after a match. But I loved the Octbox, and especially the extending footplate rest for the bump bar.
I take the whole seat off my octbox when moving it ,just a few clips . I have shoulder and tendonitis problems . That makes a massive difference to the weight.

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
I used to do that, but it was still heavy for me to move, and heavy to wheel.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
The two extensions and 25mm post have just arrived......that’s some quality GOzzer!!
Very well made. Put the post through one of the clamps and tightened up a bit....solid!!! Couldn’t move it!!
Mmmm, Octbox D25.....Mmmm 😁👍🎣
Evening Frank,

Happy New Year to you.

Have a look at the Octbox MK19 Compact Seat Box or the Octbox MK19 Ultralight Compact box with Drawers and swivel tray which I have. Really excellent boxes and the swivel tray tray that works as a sidetray is brilliant. Not cheap but excellent quality and lightweight when it's a trek to the peg on a river. :)

There is a YouTube video of the box here

frankg

Site Supporter
Evening Frank,

Happy New Year to you.

Have a look at the Octbox MK19 Compact Seat Box or the Octbox MK19 Ultralight Compact box with Drawers and swivel tray which I have. Really excellent boxes and the swivel tray tray that works as a sidetray is brilliant. Not cheap but excellent quality and lightweight when it's a trek to the peg on a river. :)

There is a YouTube video of the box here
Hi Kev......Happy New Year to you too.
Yes, they’re a box I’ve always been drawn to. If I decide to get one it will be the full D25.....but I’ll have to wait a while yet.
You know me and seat boxes 🙄😁🎣👍