Sick Days

davej1981

I've seen it a few times at work. You hear that someone has been signed off with stress and most people's reaction is the same "Pff! Stress?!" you know as if that person has nothing to be stressed about?
Was the opposite for me i was under massive amounts of pressure, workload got insane, had things going on at home, my colleagues knew my managers knew yet nothing was done. Workload got more and more, i was covering work for more and more people and i could literally feel the pressure and stress building up. I knew one day it would all get too much. Id be doing an install and when things when wrong would lose it, id sit in my in a hell of a state crying and then i knew it was too much. Ended up signed off with stress and depression in October and they sacked me in march for too much time off. They promptly replced me with 2 people despite for 18 months id told them there was too much work for me!

Silver fan 82

Was the opposite for me i was under massive amounts of pressure, workload got insane, had things going on at home, my colleagues knew my managers knew yet nothing was done. Workload got more and more, i was covering work for more and more people and i could literally feel the pressure and stress building up. I knew one day it would all get too much. Id be doing an install and when things when wrong would lose it, id sit in my in a hell of a state crying and then i knew it was too much. Ended up signed off with stress and depression in October and they sacked me in march for too much time off. They promptly replced me with 2 people despite for 18 months id told them there was too much work for me!
That's not good Dave, hope you're doing OK now?

davej1981

That's not good Dave, hope you're doing OK now?
Yea im alot better than i was thanks, on the plus side its given me the time to find fishing again, downside is having the money go! Trying to find another job but not the best of times to be job hunting

davylad

Site Supporter
I was never one for taking sick leave, I enjoyed my job too much, and wasn't that way inclined anyway. I can also see the management side of things, quite a few of them are power freaks, and would be no more use than a chocolate fireguard on the shop floor. The modern day managers usually left me alone, you know the ones, straight out of Uni with no common sense whatsoever.

Silver fan 82

Yea im alot better than i was thanks, on the plus side its given me the time to find fishing again, downside is having the money go! Trying to find another job but not the best of times to be job hunting
The job market isn't great at the moment but you will find something mate.