Shuttle

Duster

Hi all , my misses suffers with a bad back , made worse by pulling along a trolley and caryall down the canal towpath, My question is, does anyone else use a 4 wheel shuttle because of the same problem ?if so does it help ? And lastly do they come up second hand very often ?
Cheers Russ

richox12

YES !!!!

I have pulled a trolley with my left arm for years. And I do mean years. And I don't walk slow. Mainly because I want to keep everything down in size and need to be able to fit stuff in my car (not a van) easily. So I end up with back pain and visiting a chiropractor quite often (each time they say I have a spine like a golfer - twisted).

So I have borrowed a 4 wheel Shuttle (Preston not Matrix and those (Matrix ones I have seen have had the frames bend due to being thinner & telescopic) and - depending on the venue as on a canal I will probably still carry my kit - it is much easier. A pain to store and get in the car but so far much easier & safer to push with both arms rather than pull with one arm. I don't need that fabric bag thing and I don't need the front end support. And I hate the rear wheels having an axle (difficult to store and fit in the car) as single wheels are more convenient. But overall on just 2 outings much better for my back.

I'll try a single wheel barrow (must be better than a rear trolley ?/) but might invest in a Shuttle - with 4 individual wheels.

Duster

YES !!!!

I have pulled a trolley with my left arm for years. And I do mean years. And I don't walk slow. Mainly because I want to keep everything down in size and need to be able to fit stuff in my car (not a van) easily. So I end up with back pain and visiting a chiropractor quite often (each time they say I have a spine like a golfer - twisted).

So I have borrowed a 4 wheel Shuttle (Preston not Matrix and those (Matrix ones I have seen have had the frames bend due to being thinner & telescopic) and - depending on the venue as on a canal I will probably still carry my kit - it is much easier. A pain to store and get in the car but so far much easier & safer to push with both arms rather than pull with one arm. I don't need that fabric bag thing and I don't need the front end support. And I hate the rear wheels having an axle (difficult to store and fit in the car) as single wheels are more convenient. But overall on just 2 outings much better for my back.

I'll try a single wheel barrow (must be better than a rear trolley ?/) but might invest in a Shuttle - with 4 individual wheels.
Thanks for the input richox , much appreciated .