Shower recommendations

stephenk

Site Supporter
Any plumbers on here who can recommend an electric shower?

Our gainsborough 10.5 se has just packed in after 2 years - to be fair its performed well and used about 4 times a day.

We have 50ma cable / fuse and 15mm cold water feed.
Cheers

stephenk

Site Supporter
Any plumbers on here who can recommend an electric shower?

Our gainsborough 10.5 se has just packed in after 2 years - to be fair its performed well and used about 4 times a day.

We have 50ma cable / fuse and 15mm cold water feed.
Cheers
Ps - cable & water come into back of unit.

Dan COYF

What size cable is it mate? Mira are pretty good for electric showers and you want the highest KW you can get. I believe on a 6mm cable you're only supposed to run upto a 7.5 kw shower.

stephenk

Site Supporter
What size cable is it mate? Mira are pretty good for electric showers and you want the highest KW you can get. I believe on a 6mm cable you're only supposed to run upto a 7.5 kw shower.
Hi - thanks for reply- cable is huge to a 50a trip fuse - ran the 10.5 no probs. Found a local company who will replace with an mx shower £220 fitted & 2 yr guarantee. I hadn't heard of them, but he rates them - never had any comeback and they are very flexible in terms of pipe and cable entry points.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mira have never let me down plus they have their own service engineers if anything does go wrong

Dan COYF

Ive had them out on a couple of occasions Dave and always sorted the issue no problems. If it was upto me though i'd stick a mixer in (y)