Should the football league resume...?

davylad

Site Supporter
Scrap the season, everyone knows Liverpool are the champs. Lives are more important, and without doubt someone will definitely die if they start too early. Who goes up or down, can be decided by grown ups sat round a table, if it comes to a vote just accept the outcome.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
I'd say season ended now, no relegation and promote top 2 from each league, then bottom 5 in premiership relegated next season to get the numbers back to where they are now. Sure the teams in the playoff positions will argue but as non are guaranteed to be promoted then surely that argument can be dismissed.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Starting to think scrap the season all together now, but not sure. Easy to say would be no losers or no winners, but then i feel there would be losers in terms of teams who have lost something given their current position. The argument of the necessity of lessening losing lives would seem to quash any other or any of the a fore mentioned argument though. 'Football is the most important thing of all un-important things' was a phrase used in previous times when it has rightly taken a back seat.

davylad

Site Supporter
I'd say season ended now, no relegation and promote top 2 from each league, then bottom 5 in premiership relegated next season to get the numbers back to where they are now. Sure the teams in the playoff positions will argue but as non are guaranteed to be promoted then surely that argument can be dismissed.
It would be good next season in the prem if they did that, but what about the teams in third etc etc. Mind you they might have to re structure the whole comp, as there might not be enough clubs to go round, the debt some of them are in.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
It would be good next season in the prem if they did that, but what about the teams in third etc etc. Mind you they might have to re structure the whole comp, as there might not be enough clubs to go round, the debt some of them are in.
Teams who would qualify for playoffs are not guaranteed promotion so in my mind they would have no legal basis to challenge the ruling.

davylad

Site Supporter
How are any team guaranteed promotion with so many games left, that's silly?

davylad

Site Supporter
I reckon it's odds on the season will be decided on points per game, even if they get a few more matches in. That's good news for such as Liverpool and West brom, also Leeds and Hull City etc etc. Some people will be glad whereas some will moan, but it was never going to be easy.

Blanks

Site Supporter
Can never understand the "they are greedy" attitude one bit.

Apart from a very few who do want more,they are nothing more than employees who will work for an employer who is prepared to retain their services and pay their market worth for as long as they want them. That is no different to anyone else regardless of what profession they work in.
Their's is a short professional career and for most they have nothing else to fall back on.
Most will start with young families and their priority will be to ensure that their families have the best thing's in life,the best thing's that for a lot of players worldwide their families and themselves never have. Very many never even had the basic thing's we treat with contempt.

Don't ever begrudge someone for wanting the best for themselves and their families because if any one of us was born with a talent to do well we would be doing exactly the same . To say we wouldn't is absolute b*****s
Give it a break Lee, I took my lad to a sunderland game and while we were waiting for the team coach to arrive this fella turns up in a 100 grand motor and walks off into the ground.I said my lad I bet he's one of the top players, who is he? he replied the reserve goalie. FFS.

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
They should just have penalty shoot outs for all the remaining matches , sick of all the will they won't they now

davylad

Site Supporter
Well I reckon if they were paid £5000 per week, it wouldn't be a bad job, I mean even though it's a short career, you could still set yourself up until something else turned up.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
If the business generates the money, who would you prefer to take the lions share? the owners? the directors? the players? the ground staff? What would you do with the surplus money if you capped everyone? Should the biggest stars not get the biggest cut?
The owners of any club will run it how they see fit within the rules and budget and hopefully turn a profit.

davylad

Site Supporter
Well for a start I'd reduce the price of a ticket massively, it's ludicrous what the fans have to pay.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Are we going to hear today the plans to finish off the premier league. Middle of June start. 🤞. All games on telly.
12. 2. 4. 6. 8 o’clock kick offs.
Not sure about the FA cup. Just award it to the team that’s furthest away from Wembley 👍🏼😉

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
no point starting another thread but this is how you destroy your professional sport career, what a idiot!