Should Leeds go Up ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Grumblers’ cannot stop Leeds

Former Leeds striker Noel Whelan is confident Marcelo Bielsa’s side will achieve promotion despite a group of clubs near the foot of the table said to be resisting football’s restart under any circumstances.

A report from the Daily Mail speaks of a “Gang of Five” from the Championship who are promoting the idea of abandoning the season.

It is said that three of those clubs are based in Yorkshire.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
No they shouldn't,nor should any team be relegated or champions decided.
The season is based around all clubs knowing they have so many games upon which the final outcome is decided.
Would they have given it a team after 5,8 or 12 games - I doubt that very much so why should it count now?

jay67

Site Supporter
a lot of other teams will do anything they can to stop Leeds getting promoted , would be different if they was in 1st or second place . same as "spygate" , Leeds broke no rules , but almost every club put pressure on the EFL for fine / points deduction . ask the other clubs why they want us to be kept in that league ...💰💰💰💰💰

Sam Vimes

It would be gutting for them if they don't, but I don't believe that anyone should be promoted, relegated or crowned champions unless the season is completed in some form.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
If Liverpool weren’t so far ahead the season would have been cancelled, but can ya imagine the whinging and moaning that it would be against the memory of the 96 ? So on that Liverpool are our only hope of going up as you can’t give one without the other, but either way it is what it is and I will still be a Leeds fan.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Finish the season for me. No matter when or how long it takes

jay67

Site Supporter
Finish the season for me. No matter when or how long it takes
think the prem and championship should be finished . not sure , but i think i heard league 2 void . if they dont finish the prem , how can there be champions / europa league next season ?

H T B

Site Supporter
League 2 voted to have top 3 up, next 4 play off, and no relegation.
It hasn't actually been sanctioned as of yet.

shang

As all league's are going to be interrupted for the Qatar world cup we may as well adjust the league now which would allow the season to end much later than usual

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Grumblers’ cannot stop Leeds

Former Leeds striker Noel Whelan is confident Marcelo Bielsa’s side will achieve promotion despite a group of clubs near the foot of the table said to be resisting football’s restart under any circumstances.

A report from the Daily Mail speaks of a “Gang of Five” from the Championship who are promoting the idea of abandoning the season.

It is said that three of those clubs are based in Yorkshire.

I'm a Birmingham city fan and would feel really gutted if we were in Leeds position and didnt go up . So I say they should go up if the league cant be finished ,they deserve it in my opinion .

nejohn

Site Supporter
For me you have to finish the season one way or another for any team to crowned champions, relegated or promoted otherwise it is not a fair competion. All the clubs must agree on a format to finish wether it is playing behind closed doors, extending the season and having a much shorter break before starting next season and playing more mid week games to catch up, even settled by another means such as predictions, subbuteo;) but all clubs have to buy into it otherwise the season should be declared nul and void and come up with a solution to champions/europa league qualification once this has been decided

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
If Liverpool weren’t so far ahead the season would have been cancelled, but can ya imagine the whinging and moaning that it would be against the memory of the 96 ? So on that Liverpool are our only hope of going up as you can’t give one without the other, but either way it is what it is and I will still be a Leeds fan.
Klopity Klopp wants the premiership restarted because Livrrppol are in with a chance of winning it.
He also wants the women's leagues abandoned... is this because Liverpools womens team could get relegated?

templegater

Site Supporter
If they do start the premier league will they play FA Cup games too or is that a different argument. ie money/clubs

jay67

Site Supporter
Who would be champions tho westbrom or leeds
according to all ive seen , whichever way the EFL deem fit to end the season , Leeds are champions (unless remaining games played - then theres no guarntee)

davylad

Site Supporter
How are Leeds doing compared to last season with 9 games left to play? There's a lot of s**t to hit the fan, according to the Barnsley chief, Derby Sheffield W etc. The clubs under threat of relegation will have a different opinion of the ones at the other end, and why shouldn't they? One thing for sure, nobody on the planet will satisfy everyone.