• Rules should simply mirror common sense and respect for other anglers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just fish how you want to..Who care??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinickitty

In my local pond complex (Bestwood duck Ponds) No 2 pond is the only pond where Bivvies and alarms are allowed. However on a daily basis i see these rules being broken as well as the rules on fishing from the peg only and also the use of three or more rods (only 2 allowed). Most people seem to stick to these rules but the minority are giving the carpers a bad name on this complex which is also used by non-carp anglers. For me though the worst rule being broken is the one where you are only allowed to fish from the actual peg you are in and its this rule which when broken causes the most conflict. Just this weekend two anglers bivvied up from Fri-Tues and took up 8 pegs ina ll and when anyone tried to fish the other pegs simply got a mouthful of abuse. On such a small pond these anglers should show not only respect for the rules but also their fellow anglers.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I agree that rules *should* simply mirror common sense, but even if they don't,
you should abide by them.

As has been said many times here before, If you don't like the rules, vote with your feet.

I don't know the water, but would it not be possible to report the rule breakers to
whoever runs the place?

Mr Carp-A-Lot

i keep to the rules but my dad sometimes breaks them by just usin a couple of trout pellets for the hook wen you aren't allowed to use them but one or two can't do any harm!

dayoungchamp

rules are rules dont brake them or go fish somewhere else your legs are there for a reason

MikeNELincs

Hi, Some rules are worth following, for the sake of the fishery, & some on the other hand seem pointless...sometimes the fishery make the rules up as they go along, for instance, I've been warned not to keep feeding 3mm halibat pellets lol, as they aparantly rot on the bottom. In that particular case, I had the swim boiling with carp between 5lb & about 12lbs & they were just mopping them up in the margins....I was having a run every 5 or 10 mins & there was no way there was going to be any of my bait left on the bottom by next morning...I got the impression that, they wanted my 5 to fish for the day, but didn't want me to catch the carp...I did as sugested earlier.....I never went back..

As far as carp anglers tacking over a fishery & fishing off pegs, well I'm split over that one, cos I can see both sides of the argument, & some carp anglers refer to others as noddy anglers, probably the same carp anglers...I like to think I'm not that arrogant...I'ts dificult, when you arrive at a vacant fishery, bait up 2 or 3 different swims, only to be invaded a couple of hours later, by lots & lots of floats & feeders....But personally I would prefer to move one & give someone else a bit of room, but I know they all ain't like that...sad really...

....Mike

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
i love catching people breaking rules so i can get them banned! if its your own fishery then you get to make the rules, if its not your fishery then you have to obey the rules! if i catch anyone breaking them then i do my best to get them banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.