Shot vs Stotz

Philnun87

I have used Stotz for some time with out many issues. I find the occasional one moves but often a press with some shot pliers of just replacing it with another one is enough to present this.

I bought some ballerbini shot recent and struggle to see how you can change your short long patterns much with shot due to the damaging the line when being moved or putting new shot into the line. I find you regs to be stuck with the shorting pattern you started with whereas Stotz you can mess around with it more.

I know a lot of top anglers use Stotz for carp rigs in thick lines, but why not use them for silvers? Do stotz affect presentation in another way than shot?

cheers

dave brittain 1

Site Supporter
I use the Anchor version, (Stubz), for most of my commercial work including silvers. Getting older with vision not as good as it used to be, they are much easier than shot to put on when making rigs up.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I use the Anchor version, (Stubz), for most of my commercial work including silvers. Getting older with vision not as good as it used to be, they are much easier than shot to put on when making rigs up.

The guru cube are good to . I have got some ballabeni shot to try 8,9,10 ,going to try some rigs with them , i personally think the shotted rigs dont look so prominent. Ive been using stotz for years and they have been very good . Im 50 50 but i like to experiment .

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I have used Stotz for some time with out many issues. I find the occasional one moves but often a press with some shot pliers of just replacing it with another one is enough to present this.

I bought some ballerbini shot recent and struggle to see how you can change your short long patterns much with shot due to the damaging the line when being moved or putting new shot into the line. I find you regs to be stuck with the shorting pattern you started with whereas Stotz you can mess around with it more.

I know a lot of top anglers use Stotz for carp rigs in thick lines, but why not use them for silvers? Do stotz affect presentation in another way than shot?

cheers
Allan Scothorne rig tying is worth watching ,he puts shot on at the bottom ,squeezes the line above then slides the shot into position ,then cuts off the line where he put the shot on . Good anglers on here use both ,so its worth a try .

templegater

Site Supporter
Used stotz for years great product. Tried the ballabeni after some good reviews on here but found them too hard and need a tight pinch to keep them in position.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
To me the benefits of Stotz or similar far outweigh any small problems. They rarely move for me and being able to easily put 12s and 13s on to fine tune shotting is the biggest plus.