shortcut to magottdrowners site

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan edmonds

Any computer wizzards out there,
I thought I would save some time getting onto this site so I decided to put a shortcut on the toolbar at the top of my homepage. This was an ok idea, like loads of my ideas are ok in principle, but, I am not a genius on these things..
I opened up md's and reduced the page so I could see my home page behind it...I clicked and kept my finger down on the magott at the top of the page and dragged it onto the toolbat then released it...
this worked ok but knocked off two of my other shortcuts in the process..the reason being that md's shortcut was so long it took up too much room...the shortcut said ''magottdrowners forums'' and a thing to click...because it is so long it is no good because my other shortcuts wont fit on....
does anyone know how to put a shortcut on without taking up so much room ????? or how can I get a shortcut onto the office toolbar at the side of my screen ????

hope someone can help.......Alan

alan

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've set MD as my home page so when i open explorer it takes me straight to the forums.

I would suggest you just click on the faves list & save it to that instead mate, much easier.

Alan

Datafile3.asp

There's a monster outside my window..can i have a glass of water?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Can you send me a link to your homepage Alan so I can take a look?

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Or if you are running a recent version of IE (5.5 or 6.0) you can add it to your links which leaves a start-up icon at the top of your browser all the time if you have checked the "links" option on View~toolbars.

Saves having to click on Favorites every time.

Here is a small section of the top of my browser window showing some of the links. "MD" is this forum and all I have to do is click on it.

Datafile3.asp

Newt Vail

Last edited:

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
bloody smart arsed yanky redneck cotton pickers mummble mummble [;)]

Alan

Datafile3.asp

There's a monster outside my window..can i have a glass of water?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well I always say you're never too old to learn and today I've learn't something - Cheers Newt [:)]

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
I wonder if it says something about me though. Of the links in the picture (so places I visit very regularly), 7 of the 9 shown are angling sites. And this is my browser at work.

Newt Vail

AlanP

'EastAngler'
I learnt something as well there Newt, thanks.

One question - How do I get every browser window to show the Links? I've set it on my Homepage, and adjusted the size of the Address Box so that my Links appear on the Right-hand edge of the screen - but the view I get when on here doesn't show the Links (as they are off to the right of the screen)?

NOTE - It's ok I've sorted it out, all I needed to do was close and re-open my browser [:I].

Thanks

AlanP

Last edited:

TINY

Tiny
This Newt blokey is a bit good int he?[:D]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES

alan edmonds

Like ,,yeah ,,ok,, and I'm well raedy for this stuff Newt..
But, it took me ages to get my shortcut..I was so proud of it..then I realised that it was about three miles long and had knocked two other shortcuts off....but yours are so small, and you can get loads of them on that is what I have been trying to do but so far ..i have not sorterd ot out.

Thanks Newt...reeeeeeeeeeelem in............Alan

alan

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
You can name the links anything you want. Has nothing to do with where they point.

Just go to Favorites~links then slide to the one you want, right-click on it, select "rename" and use whatever suits you.

The same applies to any of your Favorites. And easiest to name them something that makes sense to you when they are created but no problem changing later on.

Newt Vail

Status
Not open for further replies.