Short Waggler Rod

AdeB

Site Supporter
Hi, I am thinking of purchasing a short 10/11ft waggler rod and looking for recommendations/thoughts.

mbuna_matt

Pellet waggler or traditional? On the former the Shimano commercial range do one usable at 9' and 11' which I started to try last year. Used it on the local river and from the limited trips I got in it worked fairly well as a all round waggler rod too.

Matt

AdeB

Site Supporter
Pellet waggler or traditional? On the former the Shimano commercial range do one usable at 9' and 11' which I started to try last year. Used it on the local river and from the limited trips I got in it worked fairly well as a all round waggler rod too.

Matt
More traditional, but if possible something that could handle small pellet wagglers.

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
Back in stock later this week I think
Thanks Frank, I'm on the waiting list so hopefully I'll hear something soon - will keep my eye out on the web site though, just in case. I've been well impressed with the Cadence stuff I've bought so far and expect this will be a good purchase too.

david white

Site Supporter
I've been looking at buying one of those, but they're out of stock at the mo. Reviews would suggest that they have the ideal action. (y)
I Own both 11 ft#1 and #2 and, hand on heart, the reviews are spot on. I used the #1 on the GUC at Harefield year before last in a couple of swims where the use of my go to canal rod, Normark 12 ft microlight 2000, was made difficult by overhanging and surrounding trees, the 11 ft #1 performed superbly 👍👍

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
I Own both 11 ft#1 and #2 and, hand on heart, the reviews are spot on. I used the #1 on the GUC at Harefield year before last in a couple of swims where the use of my go to canal rod, Normark 12 ft microlight 2000, was made difficult by overhanging and surrounding trees, the 11 ft #1 performed superbly 👍👍
Thanks for the endorsement David, always good to hear reports directly from owners of a product. (y)

Since moving back to Yorkshire I'm fishing smaller rivers like the Torne and 13' is just too long to be practical. It will also prove quite useful on the canal, though that's much wider than the Leeds-Liverpool I used to fish in Lancashire. I'm also looking at a few 'smaller' waters where a shorter rod would be very handy.

Browner

I’ve got a Sonik SKSC 10ft pellet waggler rod. I think it’s great. A lovely action. I’ve used it on the canal and river. Taken small roach to chub over 3lb with no problem. I’m actually going to get a second especially as it’s under £40.
Dont be put of by the Pellet Waggler tag.

Rick123

Site Supporter
Has anyone got experience of the Tri Cast Excellence 10ft?
Only it will be more powerful than you probably expect. If you're after a commercial waggler rod to cover all, silvers and modest carp the Tri-Cast will be ideal. But its not a silver rod. I ended up with a Browing F1 rod, a few forum members suggested it and its ideal, brilliant 10' silver rod. Cheap to for a Browing rod.