SHORT! Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
As I got several warnings before I left! i've decided to do a short picture report for the reading challenged members!,on my German trip!
Firstly, Just to let you know of the curse! It's at high speed still!

Arriving in Dusseldorf, less than 2 hours from my sons, I discovered thar the Aotobahn direct link is being repaired and it took us nearly 5 hours to get home!

The following morning (Saturday), my son was working, so his Girlfriend (Svenja) (Turns me on that name!)
offered to take me to see the sights. Drove 10 yards off her drive and straight into another car!!!
Road Traffic incident day1 (Who doesn't believe in the curse?)

FISHING

Keen to attack the Barbel on the mighty River Weser, so with Saturday bought tickets, set off on monday to find!

No chance of fishing here!

Or even getting down to river here!

HochWasser (High Water) means Floods!
Why can't they put FLOODS!

So, I fished Car Parks and gardens and anywhere we could find a high point leading to the Weser! Result Zilch!

Wednesday 6th Mar

Switched to the confluence of the Rivers Werre and Aa, which meet in Herford Town.
The Aa is lock controlled and the Werre, whilst higher, did not have the huge headwaters of the Weser to contend with.

AND Yep, the usual antidote to Zippy depression worked again , as my very 1st fish WAS A BARBEL. Not big, but a Barbel! That's the Compensation for the Curse!

Simon wasn't so lucky, but got this Roach.

and I added 3 Perch after connecting with a tiny trout.
Well Geoff, hope not too boring and the other incidents, including the sequel to my visit to the Internet Cafe, the Polack Immigrant and the Bream /Carp Massacre, would take too long!

Trev

Ziptrev

Edited by - Ziptrev on 09 March 2002 01:46:40 AM

martin.

Account Locked
hi trev
did you have a couple extra glasses of the blackstuff lastnight to make up for the trip
this is the shortest worded one ive seen so far. beer-toast1.gif
see you later

tight lines.
martin.

G

My oh my Trev that was to the point{LoL}
Floods, allways something to spoil ones enjoyment.But at least you got some fishing in mate.
Why can they not just put FLOOD? erm is it cos you were in Germany my man.
beer-toast1.gif
Andy

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Aw come on Trev,
This just isn't right,I've been waiting a week for this report,don't tease us,give us the compleat report,just made a plate of sarnies and a flask of coffee and settled down to read it

Come on,we want the report,the whole report and nothing but the report

Peter. thumbsup.gif
Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trev,

Your reports never bore me, I thoroughly enjoy reading them. My only complaint has always been the lack of a double line feed between paragraphs.

Like that.

Teasing mate, it is nice to see you back on the site, and I look forward to seeing you in 3 weeks time. (Doesn't time fly)

thumbsup.gif Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.