Shopping list?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
What's on your shopping list tackle wise?

I have my eye on the following, hopefully have them before June 16th.

Cadence CR10 No3 14' Rod £150
Cadence CS10 4000 Reel £120
Guru Fusion 4 Rod Holdall Mk2 £120
Shakespeare Mach 3 tip to replace broken LXL SuperTeam tip £30?

Total - £420 so not too bad. Can't think of much else I want or need at the moment.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Just bought a Rive R waggler and Mosella carry all (bloody mice..!)
I need a new bib and brace which I may get this weekend as Glasgow angling centre have the Daiwa D6 on special and as I am sat in the marriot hotel in Glasgow at the minute it would be rude not to pay them a visit tomorrow or Saturday. After that nothing much might get another Rive R waggler in the light version or toying with a Guru Aventus 12ft waggler rod (had a waggle today it seemed nice just trying to justify the price tag)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Just bought a Rive R waggler and Mosella carry all (bloody mice..!)
I need a new bib and brace which I may get this weekend as Glasgow angling centre have the Daiwa D6 on special and as I am sat in the marriot hotel in Glasgow at the minute it would be rude not to pay them a visit tomorrow or Saturday. After that nothing much might get another Rive R waggler in the light version or toying with a Guru Aventus 12ft waggler rod (had a waggle today it seemed nice just trying to justify the price tag)
How is the Rive rod?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Got quite a bit of tackle over the winter so there’s nothing big item wise that I need to cover the next few months, pretty well kitted out for any fishing I’m likely to do til the autumn really. Maybe a new more compact rod bag but not sure I can really justify that at the moment as just a nice to hand rather than a need to have. Still planning on getting a drennan twin tip duo for when the rivers get up or for fishing quicker rivers. I was set on the 11ft 1.25lb but now thinking the 12ft 1lb might suit me better 🤔

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Got quite a bit of tackle over the winter so there’s nothing big item wise that I need to cover the next few months, pretty well kitted out for any fishing I’m likely to do til the autumn really. Maybe a new more compact rod bag but not sure I can really justify that at the moment as just a nice to hand rather than a need to have. Still planning on getting a drennan twin tip duo for when the rivers get up or for fishing quicker rivers. I was set on the 11ft 1.25lb but now thinking the 12ft 1lb might suit me better 🤔
Decisions, decisions lol. Be interesting to hear what you think of the rod when you decide. Have you had a waggle of them before?

davepellet

9 or 10ft commercial feeder rod that probably won’t get much use, but can’t bring myself to buy any old cheapo rubbish

Possible a second whip, but 6m

Abu 503

Rod for boffing in my initial feed feeders when I’m fishing big natural waters like the flask. Previously was considering something like a barbel rod but now leaning more towards a carp feeder or method feeder rod

adriang

Site Supporter
Joined a local club that has a few pits of different sizes, and I want a distance feeder setup to get amongst the bream and tench. Thinking about the the Frenzee Pro+ which is on special in a few places, and a Sharky Kastking for the reel.

Need a few terminal tackle odds and ends.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
There's always odds and ends to get. Here's what I need.

Drennan Crystal Insert Wagglers
Korum Run Rig Kits
Korum Heli Rig Kits
Drennan Float Fish line
50g Black Cap Feeders
Plummets

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Decisions, decisions lol. Be interesting to hear what you think of the rod when you decide. Have you had a waggle of them before?
I bought my grandad the 11ft 1.25lb for his birthday last October so I've had a good waggle of that and watched him fish with it at least a couple times and it seems really nice. Had a waggle of the 12ft 1lb in a shop when it first came out and recall it did feel nice but as it wasn't something I was considering at the time so can't say I've really commit to memory how different it feels to the 11ft 1.25lb. My thinking is the extra length might be handy for distance and keeping line off the water (my other feeder rods are all 10ft or 11ft) plus to make the float top a bit more functional especially given its lighter. My only doubt is whether it still has enough casting power.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Nothing really. Last few items I have bought have all been whips for the junior club. All 2nd hand and all given a new lease of life. Tried one of them out last week, took the future daughter in laws bfriend to the pond to give the ladies space. The result...

Attachments

• 20210425_151642.jpg
    20210425_151642.jpg
    717 KB · Views: 20

adriang

Site Supporter
There's always odds and ends to get. Here's what I need.

Drennan Crystal Insert Wagglers
Korum Run Rig Kits
Korum Heli Rig Kits
Drennan Float Fish line
50g Black Cap Feeders
Plummets
I got a new (to me) Rive canal stool set up, means I can go lighter when I'm 'pole only' on the local cut, need some basics to go in the top, under the seat.. plummets, lighter shot, knot unpicker, etc.. Totally unrelated, I want a few 'window feeders' never used them before.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Had a few things on mine, most have arrived in the last couple of days.
Another power topkit for my pole (arrived this afternoon & I just elasticated it).
Some Preston tosspots & hook-ups.
Carryall - arrived the other week, courtesy of Midwater (very pleased with it).
A second pole roller - managed to source a Preston V roller for £25 locally on facebook.

Only things left are possibly a second hand MAP H30 Lite seatbox or a Preston SL30. I'll flog my Maver as I can't get a footplate for it.
Also - wouldn't mind a small accessory case for all my small bits like pole bungs, catapults & tulips etc. I'm using my EVA bait case for them at the moment & that goes in my carryall.
Might also get a double roller bag.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
My biggest item would be a Guru topkits hard case, when they come back in stock, and some new elastic to redo a few topkits.

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
I’ve just forked out for a Preston Feeder chair, Shimano Sahara 2500 rod for float fishing and a Preston inertia 420 reel as a backup for my feeder fishing.

The last item on my list for this summer is a rod for stick float fishing as my Preston Tyson Waggler rod isn’t light enough. I’ve looked at the 13ft Cadence CR10 #1 rod but cannot justify the £140 price. Was hoping they had one of their sales before committing but they don’t look to be forthcoming.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
The last item on my list for this summer is a rod for stick float fishing as my Preston Tyson Waggler rod isn’t light enough. I’ve looked at the 13ft Cadence CR10 #1 rod but cannot justify the £140 price. Was hoping they had one of their sales before committing but they don’t look to be forthcoming.
Sneaked the price up by a tenner have they! Allegedly you can haggle cadence a bit so might be worth a go. I basically stole my one as it was when they were 2 for 1. Been hoping they’d do another silly sale so I could gamble on the 15ft #0 but it seems now they’ve got established they don’t need to sell cheap to get stuff out there anymore.

adriang

Site Supporter
Sneaked the price up by a tenner have they! Allegedly you can haggle cadence a bit so might be worth a go. I basically stole my one as it was when they were 2 for 1. Been hoping they’d do another silly sale so I could gamble on the 15ft #0 but it seems now they’ve got established they don’t need to sell cheap to get stuff out there anymore.
I've been hanging on for the distance feeder.. but doesn't look like they are doing any deals except nets and reels in recent months..

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Looking for a dedicated pellet waggler rod - may have found one for not too much money - and that’s it at the moment apart from a pellet wetter but I’m undecided on whether that’s essential.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I've been hanging on for the distance feeder.. but doesn't look like they are doing any deals except nets and reels in recent months..
Yeah would appear so. They’ve made a rod for their own back (pun not intended) a bit as I think a lot of people put off buying their stuff a bit and instead wait in hope of a deal.