Shopping and queues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnie987

New norm allegedly
Aldi tonight was weird people were being all cautious and queuing for tills and staff were getting irate because people were hanging back
But more importantly they had no tins of meat !!!!

62tucker

Site Supporter
New norm allegedly
Aldi tonight was weird people were being all cautious and queuing for tills and staff were getting irate because people were hanging back
Only seem to seen corn dog nowadays

Stansthirdboy

I've not been that busy to warrant queues, and generally those that are in the shop are respectful of others, I have a maximum of five in the shop at any one time, markings on the floor, and a 2m square in front of the till. Plus everyone who enters the shop HAS to use sanitiser.
Only had one Ricardo Cranium so far refusing to use sanitiser and not respecting other people, he was asked (told) to leave.
My observations in general are that the majority of people are being sensible, and I agree some shops are going way over the top and way beyond the guidelines.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
i go to asda a couple days a week isles are marked one way or no entry number of people walking the wrong way down isles when you try to follow signs and they where masks queue have gone down compared to last 2 weeks

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
The only queue's here now are down in the next village at Aldi. Asda etc. not a problem, small queue's at times for Home Bargains but nothing to get het up about.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
New norm allegedly

Plenty of luncheon meat and bacon grill at our (not so local) Aldi.

richox12

I went for a paper this morning. Small local newsagent rather than queue at a big store as i can get in and out with no bother. However..................the queues outside all of the barber shops at 07.00 was mad !!!!!

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Just queued up for about 30 minutes at the barbers, well worth the wait.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've had two scalpings since lockdown courtesy of my missus and a set of Wahl clippers - one more and they've paid for themselves :D

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
If it hadn’t have been yer missus I’d have thought you’d pinched em 😉

rudd

Site Supporter
The worse behaviour I have seen is Lidl staff.
They got angry as queues of people up aisles waiting to pay and shop gridlocked.
People could not get up and down aisles or to free tills and Lidl staff saying - whats wrong with these people!
I asked to see manager and told him out loud (to the applause of other shoppers) - too many people being let in at once and store not being managed properly.

Now B and M and Homebase - people counter on door cleaning each trolley, numbers limited, one way system, directed to free till - top job 😉

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Took SWMBO our for a drive today and visited various shops to get what was needed.

Lidls for alcohol, in and out in 5 minutes - no queue
Post Office to return a parcel via ebay, 3 in queue, 10 minutes
Wilkinsons item not in stock, no queue in and out.
Cookes Pet Supplies - no queue, kitten food purchased (enough to last the two moggies 3 months) and a sack of cat litter, in and out under 5 minutes
Finally a shoe shop, two pairs of shoes for moi and slippers for SWMBO - no queue in and out in 10 minutes.

That is how I like my shopping.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
called at asda less then 5min queue compared to last few weeks around the car park to main road 20 min to get in

bryanh

Site Supporter
The Jimmy Krankie lookalike has made face coverings mandatory in all shops up here from next Friday with the threat of a hefty fine for non-compliance. Interestingly, from day one of lockdown last March not a single checkout operator in our local Morrisons and most other stores have been using face coverings. I wonder if they have mystical immunity powers which us mere mortals don't possess.

richox12

The Jimmy Krankie lookalike has made face coverings mandatory in all shops up here from next Friday with the threat of a hefty fine for non-compliance. Interestingly, from day one of lockdown last March not a single checkout operator in our local Morrisons and most other stores have been using face coverings. I wonder if they have mystical immunity powers which us mere mortals don't possess.

I actually think JK is right.

I guess the checkouts all have perspex screens

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Shops pretty much back to normal here, with no queuing to get in. Most people still wearing masks though.
Having said that, we have got away very lightly, compared to some parts of the country.

bryanh

Site Supporter
I actually think JK is right.

I guess the checkouts all have perspex screens
yes I agree she is probably right.
There are perspex screens at all checkouts but these were only erected a few weeks ago and as they are open at both ends customers are very close to the checkout operators when loading the conveyor at one end and packing purchases into bags at the other end(less than half a metre) so I would have thought masks would be desirable for the checkout staff.

CarpCatcher86

It's all a joke mate. I was in the pub for a quick drink just as everyone took notice of the coronavirus. I was told by bar staff to pay by card, contactless or chip n pin only. Which they shouldn't be doing as it is illegal for them to refuse cash. I have never had cash refused anywhere which proves my point. The girl behind the bar who took my card, put it in the machine, handed it to me to enter my pin then handed the card back to me, all without gloves or wiping the machine before and after use. Or my card for that matter. Not that it made any difference. Maybe people aren't taking it seriously because there is no need to, I for one have never believed anything any government has ever said, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.