shop door bell

me

Does any one know what bell kit that shops use when you open the door and it make the ding dong bell noise to alert the shop keeper that some one as come in the shop and does any one know were you can get them from

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Hard to say as some are part of their alarm system and work off their door contact. They call this a chime facility. If you have an alarm system and have a door with a contact on you maybe able to programme it in off your user instructions. Usually you programme this off Zone 1 which in most alarm systems is your TEE zone. Timed entry and exit zone. ?

Gwillim

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Hard to say as some are part of their alarm system and work off their door contact. They call this a chime facility. If you have an alarm system and have a door with a contact on you maybe able to programme it in off your user instructions. Usually you programme this off Zone 1 which in most alarm systems is your TEE zone. Timed entry and exit zone. ?

Just to add to this, there is also a pressure plate system that you put the pad under a doormat or similar. When you tread on the mat, you get the 'ding-dong'

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Just to add to this, there is also a pressure plate system that you put the pad under a doormat or similar. When you tread on the mat, you get the 'ding-dong'
Crikey Peter. Its 30 years since Ive fitted a pressure mat. Where you been pal ? Taking day ticket money ? ???

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Some shops round here still use them mate,
Local shops for local people Peter ? ??? You south Kirkbians are in a league of your own. Stop nosying at folks alarm systems you. What have I told you ? Theyll be no brown sauce where youre going mi lad. ???

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
You should try stepping on 'em, then off, then on again...drives 'em bonkers. :giggle:

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
My very old maiden aunt ran the village shop.
It was normally very quiet, and she hung one of those "bell on a spring" alerts over the door, so she could go into the back kitchen to rest her old bones.
My brother and I attached a length of fishing line to the bell, then fed it over the top of the door so it it could be pulled from outside.
She must have come shuffling through to the shop about a dozen times, only to find no customers there.
When she finally twigged, her language was frightful to hear.
We made our own entertainment in them days. :unsure::whistle: