Shock closure of yet another local firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
It was announced earlier this afternoon that the prestigious firm of "Martini taxis" had closed, their motto: "any time any where, no fare" Yes this sucessful one man business has folded, when spoken to the managing director and only owner/driver sobbed and told us "what am I going to do now?? I've lost my major customer who represents 96% of my work???

He of course refers to his daughter Sheryl who has left the family home for pastures anew.

jump.gif jump.gif

band.gif band.gif
[h2]YAHOO!!!!
That's 2 down and 1 to go!!!
FREEDOM!!!![/h2]

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
LOL Bluey, no wonder you've folded mate.[;)]

"any time any where, no fare"

You weren't charging 'em !!!!

(it's wonder that "Taxi" business stayed open as long as it did).[:D]

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
You weren't charging 'em !!!!

I'd have to give 'em the money first before they paid me, so it's just a case of passing it from one pocket to another.[V]

Anyway I suppose I should be glad she even told me at all, let alone it was a case of
If I'm not here when you get back I've moved to Ipswich permanently.[:0][:0][:0][:0]

Normally I'm told bugger all, I usually hear things on the local grapevine. Ah well spare bedroom, now what can I colour over her Cerise to make it look nice for a tackle room/workshop??[}:)][}:)][:D]

davyr

Originally posted by Bluey

He of course refers to his daughter Sheryl who has left the family home for pastures anew.

Never heard of the "Boomerang Generation", Bluey? She could be back yet...[}:)][;)]

Larry

Lazarus
davyr ,
We thought the same as Bluey when my 2 sons &daughter moved out leaving us on own .But we have had the bomerang effect my 2 son's are back home supposedly temporary while they find other placesto live . But the eldest been here 2 yers now &youngest about 15mths &the daughter thinks she still lives at home always ringing up dad can you take me here &there,my wife doesn't help either keeps saying whoooo your Dad will take rather than let get the bus or walk Or get another taxi firm to take them.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
Nature is a wonderful thing isn't she?

When they're born & growing up you are bonded to them like superglue.

But when they're old enough to want to spread their wings and leave,
you are more than ready to let 'em go! (might even give 'em a lift)[;)]

susie Q

' Nora '
Suggestion Bluey.
Tell her there is a shortage of accomadation in the area and you've
decided to rent out the room.
If she wants to come home tell her that the rent/board money has gone up in price, she could still come home, but charge her more, should help recoup some of your petrol costs.[:D][;)]

groundhog

Life Survivor
David senior(Cleggy),[:)] I reckon bluey had it pegged,when he said "I'd have to give 'em the money first before they paid me, so it's just a case of passing it from one pocket to another",[:p] doing it the way he did,he cut out parting with any to the taxman[;)]
I don't reckon bluey is as daft as he want's us to think.
[:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.