Private Shimano Technium Competition 1250 section 4

Albert H

I have just bought a Technium Competition 1250 Pole, however, the 4th section end joint has snapped rendering it useless.

Has anyone got a 4th section for this Pole so that I can get it on the bank, please?

There are several variants of the Shimano Technium (XTA1300, XT, etc') and I'm unsure as to whether these are compatible with mine, so I've attached an image of the relevant Pole taken from Google images.

Attachments

• shimano-technium-1250-competition-pole.jpg
    shimano-technium-1250-competition-pole.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 16

IanG1

Site Supporter
Sure you have spotted there is one on EBay that looks overpriced for the top kits it has etc so may be worth a cheeky offer as a good source of spares. I have the same pole and it's a solid strong piece of kit and great for commercials etc

Albert H

Sure you have spotted there is one on EBay that looks overpriced for the top kits it has etc so may be worth a cheeky offer as a good source of spares. I have the same pole and it's a solid strong piece of kit and great for commercials etc
Yeah, I've seen that one you refer to if it's the same one with Triaxial top kits?

I've been in contact with the seller & it's "collection only" and it's a long way away from here so out of bounds.

I'll just keep my eyes peeled as these Poles crop up now & again for sale.

I agree - this Pole looks nice & solid, but it's a shame it's currently unused due to having a wrecked number 4.

mytopkitisbroken

Site Supporter
I have a Technium 1300 in excellent condition with two topkits, cupping kit and no repairs, it's the newer model than yours in the photo
I cannot confirm but believe that they are on the same mandrel

I'm looking to sell as I've just bought a lightly used Maver Signature 16m pole

£100 for the complete lot, collected, meet halfway or buyer pays postage

Number 4 was brand new in August as I stood on my old one!
It has a WE Products nose cone fitted

I live in Lancashire 👍

grey

Site Supporter
It's worth a quick call to the Shimano repair centre, I know they did have some spare sections for the old Techniums that they bought off Felindre. There's a good chance they'd get it to you for less than you can buy second hand - just give them the product code on the bottom of the section that need replacing.