Shimano spare spools.

tikkaman

I have a Shimano DL 4000 FA baitrunner, which was updated a few years ago & is now the DL 4000FB. I am trying to find a spare spool for my reel, & unfortunately I am failing big time. According to Shimano, the only difference is the paint job. I have contacted Shimano Repair Centre in Swansea asking if the FB model spool will fit the FA reel, typical of manufactures they've not replied. I have taken my reel to a tackle shop & asked if I could try a FB spool on my reel, to be told that I could not unless I bought the reel.(Really helpful guy). Does anyone know if these spools are the same & will fit. If so I can the purchase the FB spools.

tikkaman

Yes, just found their number, how I missed it on line I don't know, as it's along side their e.mail. I'm having a few senior moments lately lol. Will ring them in morning. Cheers.

nejohn

Site Supporter
People get annoyed when companies don't reply to emails, when in reality they probably never get the email due to most businesses having a pretty aggressive spam filter, I always find that picking up the phone and talking to someone is usually the best course of action even if it is followed up with a confirmatory email

tikkaman

Phoned them this morning, they phoned me back within an hour saying they had 1 left in old stock. I popped along to collect this afternoon, only 20mins away. Cost me £8.50, Brilliant result. Well done Shimano Swansea.

Total

Site Supporter
Phoned them this morning, they phoned me back within an hour saying they had 1 left in old stock. I popped along to collect this afternoon, only 20mins away. Cost me £8.50, Brilliant result. Well done Shimano Swansea.

Nice one. Glad you got a result. (y).....Out of interest, would an FB spool fitted your FA?:unsure: