Shimano reels ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

swanny

I know many people in the Angling game consider Shimano's the best reels on the market, what are your opinions on them ? I fish commercials and I am considering buying possibly the 'Aero' model any comments would be appreciated. [:eek:)]

p.sw

Larry

Lazarus
Swanny,
You won't go wrong buying Shimano. I Think they're the best around ,Although you'll here different opinion's posted on here that's what Forum's are for. Iv'e 1 Aero6005 bait runner,1 aero6005 gt bait runner, 2 big pit bait runners, in fact nearly all my tackle is Shimano in my opinion its the best tackle around it's not cheap but you only get what you pay for .The Quality,finish,&look's are superb.
Just look at my signature for proof

Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Swanny.
I've been using a Power Aero for a couple of seasons now for all my commercial feeder fishing and never had any problems with it.
Still feels as good today as when it first came out of the box.[:D]
The only drawback may be if you have short fingers as the reel stem is quite long,making the spool a bit of a reach for those with short fingers.[:(]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

crusty

Hi swanny,

I've used an Aero 4010 baitrunner for the past couple of years with no problems in fact i'd go as far as say it's the best reel i've ever used, i'll use it when i'm stalking with freelined bread, and i'll use it to chuck out a large method ball.

it's well made and nice to use,
if there is one slight loss to my mitchels its the retrieve rate, but thats picking.

crusty

Triturus

Have to agree with all you guys, can't go wrong with these quality reels. When I had all my gear stolen a couple of years ago, I chose all Shimanos. Only drawbacks I've found are, like peter I cant reach the spool either, but I could only ever reach it on an Abu 506 anyway. The second one was with my Super Match Aero, in that the single handle settles to a '6 o clock'position under its own weight, which depending on where you let it go did cause some tangles. Contacted Shimano regarding this, who suggested that I leave the anti-reverse on (don't normally use one as I like to back-wind if required), or use a double handle which they sent me FOC. Double handles, in my view, spoil the aesthetic look of a reel, but it did solve my problem.

Neil

fishing_mad

hi i have also used a 4010 baitrunner and they ar4e really good ive had no problems

:)Fishing Mad:)

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Having bought the original Triton bait runners way back. Still got them still use them swear by them. But I have also got Daiwa regals. okuma dyna drags, and a gilfin all bait runners.
I cant fault any of them. So I would suggest that you look at your budget and buy within that. Theres a lot of good reels out there without the inflated prices of shimano.

chill out go fishing

Beebs

Most of my reels are Shimano (on advice). They are nice, but I'm sure there are just as good quality reels on the market at a smaller price, however, I've got a couple of Aero 5000 baitrunners and they are great.

I'd say they are worth a look, but don't rule out other makes 'til you've checked them all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.