Shimano Reel Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Shimano is taking the precautionary measure of recalling its Aero Technium 10000 XT's. Tests have shown that a small number of such products may not comply with their stringent quality control standards.
Nevertheless, Shimano state, as a responsible company with consumer satisfaction in mind we believe it is prudent that all practical steps be taken to minimise any potential dissatisfaction that may otherwise arise as a consequence.

Accordingly, they have asked that all anglers who have bought the Aero Technium XT to check the production code with the retailer they bought it from and then return the reel to Shimano Felindre Servicing so that the appropriate steps may be taken to rectify and remedy the position.

GENERAL NOTICE FROM SHIMANO
The line clips which are attached to and form part of Shimano's fixed spool range of reels have been designed by Shimano for the sole purpose of securing the line whilst the reel is being transported around by its user.

In this regard, the line clip should not be used for any purpose other than the purpose for which it has been designed.

Dave Datafile2.gif

Lid

What's Shimano? [:D][8D][:D]

Lid in Antigua, Land of Sea and Sun [:)]

martin.

Account Locked
quote:Originally posted by Lid

What's Shimano? [:D][8D][:D]

[:D][:D]WHERES LARRY[:D][:D]

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile3.asp

talk fishing flip football

Lid

I've just remembered, when I was a youngster my first racing bike (in fact my only racing bike till it was nicked) had Shimano gears.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
They're the only things Shimano make anymore Lid, all the other kit is made by other companies.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Svendsen sports make their reels & the company who make leeda's rods make Shimano's rods as well.

Looks like i'll have to do some serious surfing to see if i can find the articles i,m trying to remember.

As i've always said , why pay for a name?

Oh & if any of you are planning on buying Black & Decker power tools then remortgage your house cos the only TRUE black & decker stuff is called De'walt their other stuff is made by Nutool [:)]

Alan

Datafile3.asp

it wasn't me, i didn't do it, nobody saw me, nobody can prove anything.

jonesr

Troggy, you are a mine of information! And strangely most of it is useful??????????[:(][:(]

I may have a set of the original gears on my bike!(Its so old!)

Ron J

Age isn't everything!experience is!
I INTEND TO LIVE FOR EVER,SO FAR SO GOOD!

Last edited:

Larry

Lazarus
I'm here Martin missed this one,
Just prove's they don't want their good name tarnished as a firm that sells substandard tackle.

Datafile2.asp

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Beebs

You won't catch me buying Shimano. No way. Apart from my rods and reels that is.

Well what do you expect from a tackle tart?????????????????

Larry - I'm 100% with you mate. That's 2 onside. Anyone else want to join me and Larry's Shimano gang???[:D][:p]

Datafile3.asp

Last edited:

The23rdMan

Armchair Angler
Dunno about joining the Shimano gang, but I have to agree with Trogg about DeWalt tools. The best power drills I've ever used[:D]

May all your lines be tight ones, and may all your tales be tall ones. bounce.gif

Deano

Larry

Lazarus
On about Shimano as anyone ever opened up these so called same as shimano reels &took a look at the inside's to see if they're the same i have'nt just inTerested to see if they're the same.

Datafile2.asp

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Status
Not open for further replies.