Shimano Aernos 9'-11' feeder rod, ARNS911CFDR

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Just a heads up, as I can't get out and use this rod to do a revue. I was after a 9-11' feeder rod, and the main one available is the Shimano Beastmaster, though hardly anyone has them, so looking around, I came across the Aernos model. Don't know if it's an old model, or one for the European market, but Total Fishing tackle where knocking them out at a good price,plus they had an extra 15% off with a promo code. The rod is 4 piece, a handle section and a carrier section, plus 2 different length butt sections for the 2 lengths that fit into the handle, and 2 tips which I think are 1oz and half oz, which is surprising as the rod has a casting weight of 70 grams. It is a fairly lightweight rod, approx 145 grams at 9' and 170 grams at 11'. Now I just need to be able to get out and use it. Cost me £85 from Total Fishing Tackle with the discount, was £99.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I’ve a couple of the early Beastmaster AX 9/11 ‘s. If your rod is anything like these it will be a lovely tool. Beastmasters do turn up occasionally on eBay but, not often. I reckon you’ll love that rod. 👍

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Sort of in the same boat just bought a 15ft garbo essential medium from bob co 140 ish delivered, was all set to christen her the day after boris give us the lockdown, have to say it feels like a really nice bit of kit, just by the feel of it but more backbone than my accolite 14 ultra but slightly less than my maver sig pro 15ft. I will as soon as we are allowed out to play use it and put a proper review.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Ah was just looking up that range and saw your original thread on it, should have spotted this one first!