SHE'S BACK

genesis

Account Locked
Coronavirus putting children at risk - Greta Thunberg

1589537509427.png

Teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg has warned that children's rights are being put at risk during the coronavirus pandemic, pointing to poorer pupils who lose access to food when schools close.

She also warned that reports wrongly suggesting children cannot contract the virus could jeopardise their health. The 17-year-old self-isolated in her home country of Sweden in March, after displaying symptoms.

"People are starting to realise that we are actually depending on science and that we need to listen to scientists and experts. And I really hope that stays," she said.

She expressed hope that other crises "such as the climate crisis and the environmental crisis" would see the same trend.

Her comments came at a CNN panel discussion on Thursday.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Wonderful! its been so nice without her

By the way Coronavirus is putting the whole world at risk but hey ho!

genesis

Account Locked
Obviously her parents have been able to re-programme her during her isolation and she is now fully charged and raring to go. Hope to fook they didn't use Duracell.

D

Deleted member 24128

The media idea of a qualified "expert" in 2020. The world really has become utterly insane. Good grief.

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
I’d heard she’d discovered, er, oh, no,... that was another forum!

2ts

Site Supporter
Have a look at the fella in the background at 07:10,

Last edited by a moderator:

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
The geezer behind looks a bit of a div to me, maybe that’s her taste!

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I am pretty concerned about global warming and the environment, especially the loss of so many species around the world and the destruction of forest to grow palm oil etc. If you disagree don’t bother to reply as I’m not looking for an argument. That isn’t the point of this post.

My point is that I believe that woman/child/idiot has done more to damage the cause than Donald Trump could in a lifetime. She has caused millions of everyday people to just switch off and disengage. People believe that if she is the spokesperson for green issues they want no part of it.

pies

Site Supporter
Obviously we are getting on top of the virus, as there is room in the papers for this obnoxious twit